• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Personal Feedback from last winter Setup!!

it's gonna be Mods 66' !! I'll fab mine this week!! thanks! can'T wait to try the sled with the secondary done!

As per the picture Mr.Indy posted, two grams in the base and two under the tip, should be a total of just over 70grams. Set belt at .020 or so...

the 68 is about a 50 in a tss 04 and the 63 is like a 45..so unless you have some other modds the 63 might be a bit to much,a 62 is like a 44 in the tss04
After little testing today , the sled shift faster but only 7900-8000 rpm . The primary don't full shift and is very warm with my hand. Your probably right Doc ! What the next options ? buy a other helix like 64/60 or take off weight in the primary .

My set up 2016 adventure 800 :
23/40 gear combo
69.5 grams STM / 120-310
68/63 f team tied / 155-222
Jaws pipe
cobra track

After little testing today , the sled shift faster but only 7900-8000 rpm . The primary don't full shift and is very warm with my hand. Your probably right Doc ! What the next options ? buy a other helix like 64/60 or take off weight in the primary .

My set up 2016 adventure 800 :
23/40 gear combo
69.5 grams STM / 120-310
68/63 f team tied / 155-222
Jaws pipe
cobra track

The stm weights are aggressive and looks like you’re last cam angle is a bit too.
Go with what doc and chief said on last cam angle and try . Rpms will definitely come up just by that change alone.
But , the stm weights are aggressive and might need to be lightened up too ?

Ok Guy'S, 2 good ride so far (600km) on my new Setup, still need fine tuning tho. On groomed trail all i can see is 153Km/h (gps) and on hardpack the max i'm able to put is 162km/h, Rpm is around 8100 steady and on best pull with very cold temp (-30) was 8200 but just couple of time. Sled seem to pull hard but when comparing to my friend XRS (no change from last year apart a gate's belt') it's the same result as last year..Look like i gained almost nothing, maybe a little more top end if so.

Any Idea ??

Setup so far
1.76 ratio with 10-68
120-310 spring primary

50/44fp with 140-220 spring
gates belt
belt to sheave at .20
1.5 deg timing keys
Chain and track set looser than stock

I have modded my stock 10-66 to 69.5 like said above, still need to try these..!

when i'm not on hard pack it feel sluggish!! kinda opposite of last year!

To much helix at start (50)

Go with a 46/42 and it won’t feel sluggish at all with everything you have

dammit!..loll look like i have a 50-44f for sale!!".loll

Any chance my modded 66' do the tricks? i think the cam is too much for plo snow but on hard pack i'm still supposed to be higher than 160km/h ?? maybe more weight can bring back the mph( on hard pack at least..)

What’s you’re rev’s ?? 8200???

Stock pipe???

8100 steady pull flashing 8200 rarely... stock pipe.

modded 66' goin in right now! just per curiosity what's gonna do.

I'm hopping not to change the cam..loll

In the field that stock pipe needs to rev 8300 under load .

You’re not far off . 150-200 rpm more and you’ll be good

The stm weights are aggressive and looks like you’re last cam angle is a bit too.
Go with what doc and chief said on last cam angle and try . Rpms will definitely come up just by that change alone.
But , the stm weights are aggressive and might need to be lightened up too ?

Take a gram of weight out of the tip of your STM weights. As Brock said they are aggressive !

I would agree with the cam angle.... too aggressive. 46-42 sounds much better. If that gains the rpm back and is less sluggish, then try a 144-200 or a 155-222 to see if one those works better. One of those three springs should be a noticeably different over the other.

come back from testing the modded 66' , 8200-8300 steady, higher clutching engagement (too high a bit) seem to pull alot better up top! but a welding broke and it got de-balanced... i'll try to redo them tomorow!! seem to work good from what i see today!

mod weights work good

You’re higher engagement is most likely from 2 grams at tip of you’re modded weights

i trim .5 gram off the base of the weight gain 50-100rpm now i'm at 8150-8200 steady, Sled pull great, still need more top end tho, it struggle to pass 100mph gps.. i was not on hard pack tho..

So the modded 66' (now at 69.152) are doing good in there.. thinking of maybe moving 1/4gram off the base to the tips what you think?

For an additional 150rpm, do i lighten weight more or gave more spring ??

Back
Top Bottom