• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

Neal as long as you are here, why no pipe mod for the AXYS 800?

brock, I have had a lot of fun and learned a lot as well. I had a conversation with dr. about this exact same reason that I am not as willing to openly get involved. I find it more rewarding to share with those who understand and appreciate the time and effort that is truly involved. I love playing with numbers and learning.

have fun this weekend and be safe. watch out for those split rails I hear they tend to do endos

Brock, would you be able to find out what file they were running on the dyno? (It would be located inside the USER folder on the SD card) My guess is it was an earlier tune. We've made several revisions throughout the season to further improve the mapping. Shouldn't be any lean spots or need for an additional fuel controller.
Neal, the number for bully dog program is #rms5l3c.atv.

Neal as long as you are here, why no pipe mod for the AXYS 800?

Glad you asked that. We have found with this particular pipe that it is highly prone to detonation when doing a pipe mod. We can do a pipe mod that makes power but it's not rocket science, you're adding an internal stinger and adding length to it to create the power you want through backpressure. On a loose pipe this is fine (such as older models that we still do pipe mods for) but on an AXYS pipe it's just not the right way to do it. It's much better to create power through sound waves and we took the extra time to do it right with our pipe. Any other questions feel free to let me know.

Neal, the number for bully dog program is #rms5l3c.atv.

That's an older tune, we're on RMS5L*D.ATV right now. If anyone has our Bully Dog and is running an older revision please send me an e-mail with your name (or name/company the Bully Dog was purchased under) and I can send an updated tune through e-mail. You can easily check which tune is on your unit by taking the micro SD memory card out of the Bully Dog and hook it up to your computer using an adapter. Open up the SD card on the computer and open the USER folder. This contains your custom tune(s).

Glad you asked that. We have found with this particular pipe that it is highly prone to detonation when doing a pipe mod. We can do a pipe mod that makes power but it's not rocket science, you're adding an internal stinger and adding length to it to create the power you want through backpressure. On a loose pipe this is fine (such as older models that we still do pipe mods for) but on an AXYS pipe it's just not the right way to do it. It's much better to create power through sound waves and we took the extra time to do it right with our pipe. Any other questions feel free to let me know.

That's an older tune, we're on RMS5L*D.ATV right now. If anyone has our Bully Dog and is running an older revision please send me an e-mail with your name (or name/company the Bully Dog was purchased under) and I can send an updated tune through e-mail. You can easily check which tune is on your unit by taking the micro SD memory card out of the Bully Dog and hook it up to your computer using an adapter. Open up the SD card on the computer and open the USER folder. This contains your custom tune(s).
Neal if I get the bully dog for all the bikeman stuff I have now how often do you come out with new tunes and do you post somewhere when you do so I can always keep my sled up to date?

Neal if I get the bully dog for all the bikeman stuff I have now how often do you come out with new tunes and do you post somewhere when you do so I can always keep my sled up to date?

Hard to say how often we come out with new tunes as it really varies. Most of the time our tunes are updated when we get more feedback from customers with very localized issues (extreme altitude or temperature cases). In these cases where it's not a major issue and just something that will help with a very select few we distribute the updates as needed. If it's a major update to the tune that we feel everyone needs to have then we will distribute e-mails, post on Facebook, the forums, etc. to get everyone the updated tune (we just did this with our XP Turbo tunes). So far with the AXYS tunes they've been great and have had very few issues and many people are still running the original release tunes with no issues whatsoever. Hope this made sense!

On the bold. So why does your pipe for the AXYS have an internal stinger if it causes detonation?

So can the BMP pipe be run on a 15 with no fuel controller and no det's?

Welcome Neil.

I'm confused why a couple weeks ago joey sent rich an old out dated map for bully dog when we told him we were going to a dyno??
The stage 3 map with head,pistons,shim,pipe,muffler and bully dog. Rich called joey and got a bully dog map cause of our dyno session .
So why was an old map sent to us??

So can the BMP pipe be run on a 15 with no fuel controller and no det's?

BMP Axys 800 Performance Pipe
Be the first to review this product

$479.95
In stock

• Fits all 2015-Up Axys 800 HO models
  • Gains 10-11 horsepower
  • Big mid range to peak horsepower gains
  • Huge amount of R&D time to make the best pipe on the market
  • Fits into our BMP mufflers or the stock muffler
  • Easy bolt-on performance
  • No EFI controller required with just the pipe (or with pipe/durability), but we HIGHLY recommend one
  • EFI controller is required when used with our billet head kit
  • For even better gains, use with the Bully Dog GT with BMP Tunes (Big Gains!)
  • Premium pump fuel is required - ALWAYS RUN IN ETHANOL MODE - Run non-ethanol fuel if possible
  • Run 8100-8300rpm with stock programming, or 8200-8400 with BMP programming, 8300-8500 with our durability kit and programming
  • Ceramic coated finish

Jim, thats their claims. Real world experience is what i am asking for.

These guys that know more than me said it does. In the other thread

Just for reference, the SSI stinger is made of 3 pieces (straight then a bend followed by a shorter straight piece).

Yes, there is a welded bend inside the pipe. (Which I wonder how much more back pressure that creates compared to having a rounded bend. The BMP is slightly wider, shorter and doesn't have the bend.) What I was meaning to check and see if there is a dent (in the tubing), weld bead, weld slag and or etc. inside the internal stinger outlet that could be causing additional resistance.
I was looking at modding stock pipes earlier this winter.

The end of the pipe itself turns down towards the silencer. I believe the are trying to get the stinger to line better up with the main body of the pipe. Look up from the end of the pipe and double check one of these pieces is not broke off inside the pipe.

These guys that know more than me said it does. In the other thread
Nowhere is there a 90 degree bend in the stinger Cory. There are bends but none of the guys you quoted said that there are 90 degree bends. I looked up mine yesterday and there are bends but definately not 90 degree bends. Did you by chance look up your pipe and see a 90 degree bend?

Last edited:
I did look up the pipe did not see all the way up in there and did not cut it apart to look just taking peoples word for it I apparently misunderstood. Point being whatever is up in there it doesn't work on my sled and many others and the bikeman does

I did look up the pipe did not see all the way up in there and did not cut it apart to look just taking peoples word for it I apparently misunderstood. Point being whatever is up in there it doesn't work on my sled and many others and the bikeman does
So then buy a Bikeman pipe if you think that will solve your problem. Div20

Back
Top Bottom