• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

But like Fastsledder said nothing is going to be over 10 +/- 1 hp for just a pipe add on.
Probably, i would think they ran it stock then added fuel for best hp gain. It was a long day so they must have played with stuff to see what would work best? I for sure thought Aaen was gonna be right up there. I expected slp to be down, kinda on the first to market thing. Well see the details soon.

Great feedback guys. There has been a lot of site traffic waiting to see what the final #'s would be.
Now we know. If I were in the market for a pipe mod from SSI, I would be boxing it up tonight and shipping it out in the morning. Those guys are going to be SWAMPED in the very near future!

Pcv maps for pipes too:D

It was a long day of testing,wow.

Way to many dyno pulls to count on both the 15 and 16..we learnt a lot.

Thanks to doc,homer,doo2poo and imfaster for the psp crew on site. Awesome day with great guys and tons of information.:)

IMG_0846_2.jpg

Great day with a great group of guys. Took about 12 hours to do both sleds and all the pipes and Pcv maps to suit but it was worth it and we had a lot of laughs along the way.

Jim will be posting results soon. A lot will get left out as it will be a brief summary of what we did. Otherwise Jim would have to write 40+ pages of all the testing,lol.

Just to let everyone know, these sleds were beat on and tested all pipes/cans/fuel controllers by heat soaking long pulls getting engine temp around 145+ degrees and pipe heat 1050 to 1100 degrees. This tells if anything falls off,stays the same or climbs to duplicate out in the field. Real world testing not bs.

I'm looking forward to the details Brock. When you guys tested the 2016, did Polaris polish the powerband via the ECU versus the 2015's (from a base or stock perspective)? I have read that the 2016's are leaner by 3% across most of the powerband, but not sure how that equates to efficiency in the powertrain or not.

Another thing to add, all pipes/cans were all tested in the same dyno tests over and over to make sure of accuracy. That means if one pipe got heat soaked for 3 hard pulls with just the pipe, they all did.If one pipe got a pcv tune, they all got the same tune and this was tested numerous times to have accuracy.And to make tripple sure of what we did, we tested all these on both the 16 and the 15 models.
So everything was fair between all.

We wanted real world testing with no bs for everyone.Div20

Brock, will Jim inlcude the proper pipe/pipe mod tune in a PCV bought from him?

Back
Top Bottom