• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

Lots of great info guys!!! But I haven't read an answer to a question that's been asked a couple times, could have missed it, but to be clear the SSI pipe that was tested was a stock modded pipe only? Not their aftermarket stainless or titanium pipe? I would guess same results but not tested? I ride mountains mostly so lite weight is HUGE!!! I have the SSI Ti can and it dropped 16lbs , so if there own pipes make same horse I would be way more interested in the Titanuim pipe! Just curious if there pipe makes same HP as the stock pipe mod.

I've got plenty of garage miles currently! With all this down time, It's spawned a huge interest for me in this pipe/pipe mod conversation. I'm geared identical to you @ 1.74 and probably clutched similar as well. I have the PCV, however, I'm awaiting Jim's final mapping for the 2016's. But like I said....maybe I should pop for the BMP pipe and upgrade to the PCV hot tune for the pipe to compliment.

What makes this even more tempting, is the fact that I don't have to change any of my clutching that I've already done or the gearing....all suggestions I received from Brock and other members on this site. Hmmmmmmm....decisions.
Ya we are almost setup the same. I do have a pcv on the way, having Jim email me a tune for the BMP pipe. When I drove my sled last Friday testing I never had a detonation light come on. Sled ran perfect and reved to 8,350 all day. I still am gonna get the pcv to be safe tho. But man it rips lol. I also have a axys rush 800. I'm gonna do the ssi pipe mod on that one I think with the pcv just to keep it mostly stock looking cuz my Switchbackids I'd far from stock now lol

Lots of great info guys!!! But I haven't read an answer to a question that's been asked a couple times, could have missed it, but to be clear the SSI pipe that was tested was a stock modded pipe only? Not their aftermarket stainless or titanium pipe? I would guess same results but not tested? I ride mountains mostly so lite weight is HUGE!!! I have the SSI Ti can and it dropped 16lbs , so if there own pipes make same horse I would be way more interested in the Titanuim pipe! Just curious if there pipe makes same HP as the stock pipe mod.
Yes it was Brock's stock moded pipe

Jatxcr, as homer and doc just said. We only had a ssi pipe mod. Not their pipe. So, we don't know what kinda power the ssi pipe makes,just the ssi pipe mod.

Awesome work guys. There is a lot of time & money saved for all here. Just like a early Xmas present.
Has anybody did a dyno on the 600 Polaris?

The response of this has been off the charts to say the least. All are phones were ringing,buzzing,beeping while we were dynoing. And hasn't stopped. It was funny in the dyno room,lol

Most of this has been 99% positive and I thank you. But you still get the nay sayers.

To that 1%

There were 7 knowledgeable guy's there that know what their doing. There was even another dyno guy there . Not that Jim needs one with his expertise. They were having a blast talking dyno stuff while we changed stuff.

To a guy that messaged me about running a sled at 145 degrees and who does that??
Like we're all stupid or something???
Maybe his favorite pipe didn't get good numbers. It is what it is guy's. We favoured nothing. Straight up honesty.

I'm gonna say it again. It was run in all different kinds of conditions.

We ran engine temp(coolant) at 85,90,95,100,105,110,115,120,125,130,135,140,145,150

We ran pipe temp at 750,800,850,900,950,1000,1050,1100.

We ran every possible scenario you can imagine in the 12 hours with 2 sleds with countless pipes,cans, Pcv's with different maps, bully dog, head.

The best engine temp on these axys 800's is around 100 to 130. The best pipe temp is around 950 to 1050.

Guess what, those are most trail conditions.

We ran it to extreme long pulls to verify if pipes/cans lost hp. Guess what some did.

One even made 1 hp with optimum engine temp(120) and pipe temp around (1050).
I'm not going to name it though.

There wasn't one scenario we didn't cover. It took a lot of effort and time to set this up. I/ we did it for all you axys guys out there. Appreciate the information shared. Don't pick it apart.

It couldn't have been more fair then what it was.

Thank you guys for all your hard work, time, money and lack of sleep etc.

All the information gained from this can only be positive for everyone, even "Nay" Sayers. Your efforts have saved me tons of time and money, and I really appreciate it.
about

I think it would have been more fair if I was there too.

The response of this has been off the charts to say the least. All are phones were ringing,buzzing,beeping while we were dynoing. And hasn't stopped. It was funny in the dyno room,lol

Most of this has been 99% positive and I thank you. But you still get the nay sayers.

To that 1%

There were 7 knowledgeable guy's there that know what their doing. There was even another dyno guy there . Not that Jim needs one with his expertise. They were having a blast talking dyno stuff while we changed stuff.

To a guy that messaged me about running a sled at 145 degrees and who does that??
Like we're all stupid or something???
Maybe his favorite pipe didn't get good numbers. It is what it is guy's. We favoured nothing. Straight up honesty.

I'm gonna say it again. It was run in all different kinds of conditions.

We ran engine temp(coolant) at 85,90,95,100,105,110,115,120,125,130,135,140,145,150

We ran pipe temp at 750,800,850,900,950,1000,1050,1100.

We ran every possible scenario you can imagine in the 12 hours with 2 sleds with countless pipes,cans, Pcv's with different maps, bully dog, head.

The best engine temp on these axys 800's is around 100 to 130. The best pipe temp is around 950 to 1050.

Guess what, those are most trail conditions.

We ran it to extreme long pulls to verify if pipes/cans lost hp. Guess what some did.

One even made 1 hp with optimum engine temp(120) and pipe temp around (1050).
I'm not going to name it though.

There wasn't one scenario we didn't cover. It took a lot of effort and time to set this up. I/ we did it for all you axys guys out there. Appreciate the information shared. Don't pick it apart.

And all of you did an outstanding job!! To those that dont like what they hear as the truth go buy your stuff based on sales data and see how well it works out for you. Again great job guys and sometimes you just have to ignore the ignorant.

Thank you guys for all your hard work, time, money and lack of sleep etc.

All the information gained from this can only be positive for everyone, even "Nay" Sayers. Your efforts have saved me tons of time and money, and I really appreciate it.
about

I think it would have been more fair if I was there too.
And all of you did an outstanding job!! To those that dont like what they hear as the truth go buy your stuff based on sales data and see how well it works out for you. Again great job guys and sometimes you just have to ignore the ignorant.
Ya what they said!!! Great job, thank you all. Merry Christmas everyone. Pray for snow (especially in new England, lol)

+1. Thank you all for your hard work and money invested in dyno time. We all owe you a round of thanks, and probably a round of some adult beverages, as well. I don't know what you could have done to be more fair and objective than you were. Looking forward to seeing the DTR report and graphs of the pulls.

Very interesting and informative thread. I'll admit I'm not really into modding my sleds as stock works fine for me but threads like this tend to pull you in and get you thinking and I am indeed thinking about something like this down the road.

One again great work and great site.

Merry Christmas to all.

Yeah,many thanks for your effort! Incredible work on the dyno, impressive at the least.
I was about to order a slp system the other day when I stumbled across this thread, and forum. So now I ditched that plan, may be a SSI pipe for power and slp can just for the weightloss. But would be better to put the money for the can on a pcv though...

Last edited:
And the sad thing is the Nay sayers are only getting half the info and will probably not go apend the 30 bucks to see the full write up. Probably just upset they bought the lower hp pipe set up Dunno:Tg

I think anybody who's ever tested anything and made their information public has faced questions and speculation. I think in science they call it "peer review". Don't take it personally, it's just the nature of the beast. Can't wait to read all about it in detail on DT. Thanks for giving us the early edition!

Nice work guys! Happy Holidays!

As another member stated prior, I wasn't in the market for an aftermarket exhaust. But, having the this kind of information distributed on this forum by experienced members is great! Now, it has me in the market for an aftermarket exhaust. Everyone wins. Thanks for all those involved.

Criticism just means your doing something right haha I know I have asked more then my share of questions not meaning to criticize just trying to learn from this. Very impressive dyno session these guys put together

Back
Top Bottom