• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

it was a really good time at DTR. I was able to meet and put faces with the names. We came from the east, the west and some of us had really short drives. To me the day was not only a compilation of good data, but it was the willingness for a group of guys to make this kind of effort to better inform and/or raise conversation for all.

it was a really good time at DTR. I was able to meet and put faces with the names. We came from the east, the west and some of us had really short drives. To me the day was not only a compilation of good data, but it was the willingness for a group of guys to make this kind of effort to better inform and/or raise conversation for all.
On the bold, in post#114 Brock posted a pic of you all. Could someone type names in the pic so all of us can put names to your faces?
Again, a great pipe competition. I'm sure a lot of information was gleaned from all the pulls.Div20

IMG_0844.jpg

From left to right, the psp crew.

Imfaster,drnotadoo,doo2poo,brock,homer8228

Great group of guy's Div20

great job thanks for all the great information I'm sure all of you boys won't be stopping at a pipe can't wait to hear some hp numbers (1??) with porting heads and so on happy holidays to all thanks again for the great info

Great wealth of information, thanks for all the time and efforts by so many to pull this off.
Sounds like with all the comments you guys recommend the pcv with the stock pipe and can as well?
Just don't want anything louder then stock and the hassle and stress of being caught with the "illegal" pipe up here. I have so much respect for all the property owners that allow us to run through their property on trail systems. But like some others have said, you make it very hard to resist with such great info on the performance gains!

Some of the pipe makers that claimed power were correct.

Bikeman told us around 10

Ssi was already tested but Erich did say 8-10

Terra alps said 4-6 on pipe mod, which it was 4. We didn't have his pipe that he claimed 8-10 hp (wish we did)

These guy's didn't make false claims.
Good for them.Div20

I really like the ssi pipe and can combo. But insure about the noise levels it puts out. Wish they had some videos like bikeman and slp for the pipe in action. SSI has a video of it idling a bit and revving up a bit but no WOT pulls or sled moving. To bad because I'd get one right away if it wasn't to loud

The SSI mod and stock can is quieter then stock. Has to do with the pulse wave inside the pipe. Erick commented on this also and so did Jim at DTR

I'm sure it's in here, but bottom line, clutching/gearing aside, can I safely use the SSI pipe mod into oem muffler in NON ethanol mode no other fuel control, and run full throttle 1.5 + miles across my favorite lake at zero degree's?

Good question Bontz, we all discuss this same question and what I think we came up with is a couple, and that might be a touch generous. A few pulls riches sled with BMP pipe and head and in non eth mode made 168 , but the bsfc was lean. We had to richen the top with PCV and then the power dropped a touch, but the fuel flow was safe.

Excellent testing and results! I'm impressed that a simple pipe mod can make such gains. Goes to show you that Polaris already has a good pipe design and a little modification only makes it better. Brock, there was a post that mentioned the Bully Dog tuner and that you had issues with it. What happened?

Good question Bontz, we all discuss this same question and what I think we came up with is a couple, and that might be a touch generous. A few pulls riches sled with BMP pipe and head and in non eth mode made 168 , but the bsfc was lean. We had to richen the top with PCV and then the power dropped a touch, but the fuel flow was safe.
It was a busy day for sure doc.
It does look like 1 or 2 hp at most and that's being generous as you said on the 2 hp with head.

All in all, the best bang for your dollar is a bikeman or ssi pipe mod with our Pcv tune. Amazing gains of torque way down low. You can clutch it easier with this set up.

Excellent testing and results! I'm impressed that a simple pipe mod can make such gains. Goes to show you that Polaris already has a good pipe design and a little modification only makes it better. Brock, there was a post that mentioned the Bully Dog tuner and that you had issues with it. What happened?
I don't want to get into to much about bully dog. I'll say this, we spent 2 hours installing and uninstalling their tune that didn't work. On the phone countless times.
Not to say it won't work.
We just tossed it away and gave it a excellent Pcv tune that you can't beat. Tons of torque and hp.
Guys will be happy with the bikeman pipe and our tune

you guys deserve a round of beers at every pitstop along the trails you ride this season. !!
What this effort has achieved for ALL those who wish to step up the performance of there axys sleds is WAY above any previous attempts. This is as close to a consumer reports investigation as one can hope for.

FWIW, you will always find the few who discredit your efforts , question the accuracy , and just plain show their true persona. The REAL hot rodders know this and just giggle at the weenies !!
There will always be those who snivel.. to the snivelers I say.. happy new yr "hows my tail light look to you " ???....

I will say this.

Doc's 2015 axys has around 2400 hard hard beat on miles. And he was kind enough to let us beat the heck outta it on the dyno again. Thanks bud.

These engines seems to hold up nice.Sled1Rockon

It was a busy day for sure doc.
It does look like 1 or 2 hp at most and that's being generous as you said on the 2 hp with head.

All in all, the best bang for your dollar is a bikeman or ssi pipe mod with our Pcv tune. Amazing gains of torque way down low. You can clutch it easier with this set up.
Brock how do I obtain your Pcv tune?

Back
Top Bottom