• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

I gotta tell you guys , my sled with full bikeman set up with heads & bully dog is pulling 76 grams on weight at 8450 . HI doc i met you at the hillclimbs in Tourin .
Dam how are you pulling that much weight. I have the bikeman setup to. Pipe, head, Pcv, 1.74 gears, 50/44 helix and 70. 4 grams at 8,400

Dam how are you pulling that much weight. I have the bikeman setup to. Pipe, head, Pcv, 1.74 gears, 50/44 helix and 70. 4 grams at 8,400
Every sled us a little different bud. To many things come into play.

Not the results we were hoping for! Could have been worse no internal damage as we have seen so far. It has Been broken for awhile. Performance has been deteriorating slowlyLuck it shot the broken part out the exhaust and not the other way. Better to find out today on the dyno than drive 5 hrs to find snow and find out on the trail! Just need the parts and gether done before the snow is gone!

Ya it sucks when u go to dyno a sled and something is broke.

Doo2poo was wondering about his bad fuel mileage and exhaust valve codes.
We put it on the dyno and it was down on cfm from last visit. This made us take valves out and look as he has 4200 kms.
I pulled valves out and the pto boost port valve was broken and gone. Shot out exhaust. This explains air flow (cfm)being down and bad gas mileage. This is rare how it broke and was probably broke from factory.
This sucks as we didn't get any results.

Oh well, it's warranty and just exhaust valves that are bad. Easy fix.

OK, going back to dyno again with Doo2poo Friday.
Testing a 2016 with bmp pistons,shim,head, bmp pipe,bully dog and more. Jaws pipe,ssi pipe,stock pipe and Pcv.

OK, going back to dyno again with Doo2poo Friday.
Testing a 2016 with bmp pistons,shim,head, bmp pipe,bully dog and more. Jaws pipe,ssi pipe,stock pipe and Pcv.
Brock, while your there can you chat with Jim about the TPS voltage? Maybe he has some insight on how it affects the tune?
Thanks!

Brock, while your there can you chat with Jim about the TPS voltage? Maybe he has some insight on how it affects the tune?
Thanks!
I already did all that over a year ago(last January 2015) Me and Bruce found that the base voltage needed to be set like the dragons of past. Get it to 0.700 @ base, but wot needs to be less then 4.32 @ wot so it's not as rich in bsfc's. That's for the 2015 axys 800's .
Anything over 4.32-4.39 wot seems rich on dyno.

Jim didn't know much about this at the time.

Hope that helps you bud.

Brock, will you be doing a pull on a sled with BMP staged components w/o the BMP Pistons?
No, sorry.

doo2poo got the bmp piston kit with shim put in. The case volume alone will add 3 hp. So that should answer your question about which would be more hp, stock pistons vs shim kit(larger case volume)

I already did all that over a year ago(last January 2015) Me and Bruce found that the base voltage needed to be set like the dragons of past. Get it to 0.700 @ base, but wot needs to be less then 4.32 @ wot so it's not as rich in bsfc's. That's for the 2015 axys 800's .
Anything over 4.32-4.39 wot seems rich on dyno.

Jim didn't know much about this at the time.

Hope that helps you bud.

Thank you Brock for all your info!

Nice. Can't wait to see if there's a difference in power between bikemans tune with the bully dog and the powercomander. Everytime I go there they try to get me to buy one. It does look like it has more features exp for warmer temps outside. I love dyno days lol.

Back
Top Bottom