• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

So then buy a Bikeman pipe if you think that will solve your problem. Div20
already did here and mounted thanks though.

Everyone taking everything so personally I am just giving my results? If the SSI works for you just great but I feel like it the right thing to warn people about it that they are not working for a lot of people. Even have heard Eric himself is trying to get them to run on customers sleds without much luck. But apparently can't say anything negative about my experience with the SSI on here even though it is accepted to attack Bikeman?

this gets confusing. Ed are you running a non stock pipe?

Since you have the pipe mod off for the hell of it shake the crap out of it just to make sure nothing has broke loose inside the pipe

I did shake it nothing noticeable looked down inside far as I could with light looked good. I still haven't checked my base voltage like recommended on here. Going to put the Bikeman on if it runs ok I am leaving it as is

this gets confusing. Ed are you running a non stock pipe?
I have two pipes Dave. The stock one and the SSI pipe mod. The SSI pipe mod makes darn good power. And I don't get detonation as long as I'm in Ethanol mode. I don't have a Powercommander with a map as I'm not that great at having to make adjustments.

I like the fact that I run my SLP pipe in the non eth mode with no det. Gives me the option of goin to non-eth, if I get a bad load of fuel. And it's just as fast as a Bikeman pipe, or SSi pipe mod.

Jim have you run them back to back all stock otherwise against controll sled?

I've ran my bikeman in 91 non ethanol mode the whole time as well. I put the power commander on with the bikeman pipe and have 900 miles on this setup with no det. I've raced slp and ssi sleds. Just pull away on the big end.

And yes Erich has personally built my buddies sled and still can't get it to run right without det. Even modded the pipe again and still does it. The 800 ho needs a whole new pipe to make power with sound not heat and back pressure.

And yes Erich has personally built my buddies sled and still can't get it to run right without det. Even modded the pipe again and still does it. The 800 ho needs a whole new pipe to make power with sound not heat and back pressure.
Got a new map for Pcv coming to help out guys with the ssi pipe mod and Pcv. Tons of beat downs and testing. Drnotadoo helped me the last few days in Quebec.
I will post a base map that will help everyone.

Great job guys i got the jaws pipe a month ago, just not many miles for testing. Glad I got some thing good for once lol gonna wrap mine as shown and add the slp intake kit

Got a new map for Pcv coming to help out guys with the ssi pipe mod and Pcv. Tons of beat downs and testing. Drnotadoo helped me the last few days in Quebec.
I will post a base map that will help everyone.

Did you test it on 2015 or 16

already did here and mounted thanks though.

Everyone taking everything so personally I am just giving my results? If the SSI works for you just great but I feel like it the right thing to warn people about it that they are not working for a lot of people. Even have heard Eric himself is trying to get them to run on customers sleds without much luck. But apparently can't say anything negative about my experience with the SSI on here even though it is accepted to attack Bikeman?
Listen bud, everyone is trying to help you, your the one adding hearsay and drama. Quit going on what you were told kinda stuff. Example: the 90 degree bend in a ssi pipe mod in the internal stinger that u mentioned.
That's totally incorrect.
Let's keep this base on facts and not going by what you hear.
I will post a map soon for ssi pipe mod that will help the det woes .
Be patient

i wonder if this is why the full ssi pipes are not avalible yet? i ordered a srainless steel in december said to be shipped in jan and still nothing

i origanally ordered ssi because of the hourse power was at the top along with bikeman but the dyno sheets siad the midrange torque put ssi as the clear winner.

also i dont want a bully dog programer i had one in my truck yes it monaters things but it does not let u change anything witch anoys me,, has this been resolved?

does anyone know if the full ssi pipe is exact replica as stock or just same demshion so stock sheild fits it?

Go back to that dyno tech article on the pike shoot out and study the airflow that was lost on all the pipes tested when they were hot that would give you your answer the pipes that don't lose air flow when they're warm are the ones you want to buy

On the bold. So why does your pipe for the AXYS have an internal stinger if it causes detonation?

The stinger on our pipe is not as long as what is used in a pipe mod along with our pipe having more volume it's not prone to detonation like the pipe mod is.

So can the BMP pipe be run on a 15 with no fuel controller and no det's?

Yes, but we highly recommend a fuel controller. If you do run it without a fuel controller it will need to be ran on ethanol mode while running 91 non-ethanol fuel.

Welcome Neil.

I'm confused why a couple weeks ago joey sent rich an old out dated map for bully dog when we told him we were going to a dyno??
The stage 3 map with head,pistons,shim,pipe,muffler and bully dog. Rich called joey and got a bully dog map cause of our dyno session .
So why was an old map sent to us??

Thanks Brock.

The latest revision I created March 9th after doing some more in-field testing the weekend of the Weenie Roast. Joey doesn't usually send files to anyone (I'm usually the one to set up the Bully Dogs for orders or send updates via e-mail) so he may not have seen the updated tune or it may have been a few days before I had the updated tune finished. The tune that you had installed shouldn't have been lean though. Do you recall in what areas it was lean? Intake temp? Coolant temp? Throttle position/RPM?

Thanks Brock.

The latest revision I created March 9th after doing some more in-field testing the weekend of the Weenie Roast. Joey doesn't usually send files to anyone (I'm usually the one to set up the Bully Dogs for orders or send updates via e-mail) so he may not have seen the updated tune or it may have been a few days before I had the updated tune finished. The tune that you had installed shouldn't have been lean though. Do you recall in what areas it was lean? Intake temp? Coolant temp? Throttle position/RPM?

I'll have to get haulin-the-mail to send me the dyno charts again to verify everything Div20

Back
Top Bottom