• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

??? SSI PRO MAG ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS ???

How many hours on engine??

What's your set up if you don't mind me asking?

Only 45 thus far. Trip planned this weekend into next week to run up some miles on this girl.

Gearing is 24/40 (thanks Doc!), 50-44 full progressive helix and 140/220 secondary spring w/one delrin washer under spring cup. All stock motor and exhaust. Both clutches balanced and machined. Primary indexed for Gates belt.

Can't get a real good reading on WOT RPM's until we're out of break-in for sure. However, I feel current set-up is damn near spot on once it comes time to get that WOT RPM reading of 8250/-200.

I think 10 series mod weights had the heels cut .020?
I just measured about 0.040" from the 10 series.
Is that what you heard or what is supposed to be from ssi spec vs 10 series??

I just measured about 0.040" from the 10 series.
Is that what you heard or what is supposed to be from ssi spec vs 10 series??
I have no knowledge on the SSI weight heel. I just measured a 10-62 vs 10-62m heel and I also came up with .040. I think the .020 figure I remembered is from a set of 10-66 weights I have that were cut .020 more than a mod heel.

SSI weights have the heel cut so they work in both Polaris and Arctic Cat. Believe Bikeman weights have the heel cut the same.

Just checked some weights for belt to sheave with new belt..

Belt to sheave is set at 0.016" with 10 series weights as a benchmark to see what's tucked.

Ssi pro mags have 0.036" belt to sheave over the 10 series. So that's tucked 0.020".

Slp lightening weights have 0.036" belt to sheave over 10 series. So that's tucked 0.020"

Dalton's are the same as 10 series.

I have the ssi weights in my sled and a set of 10 series 70 grams as well. It seems with the ssi weights are more aggressive. Trying to mess with springs right now to get it engaged lower rpm. Engages 4,700-4,800 with the ssi weights and a 140/310 spring. Same spring with 70 gram weights 10 series engaged at 4,200. I have 3 magnets in the heel, 1 middle, 3 tip. For a total weight of 70 grams.
You can also go 110-290 or even the stock gold spring at 100-275.

What happened to Gus? He has not returned since Jan 11 or so.

SSI users have you gotten engagement near or under 4,000 rpms yet?

The weights are tucked too much. You'd have to have a mighty soft primary spring to accomplish that Dave.

Last edited:

I have these weights installed, but I'm not targeting engagement less than 4200 so I can't answer for you Dave. As was stated prior, these weights are tucked at the heel more raising engagement RPM 200-500 RPM.

IMAG0968.jpg

I posted this before,but.....
This is an ssi pro mag adjustable weight. It's tucked to much the weight hits the webbing in clutch before it sits on heal. Just slightly, but enough to leave a mark on weights. Tucked to much to fit cat clutches too. I told Erich about this. Hope they revise their weights.

View attachment 1074
I posted this before,but.....
This is an ssi pro mag adjustable weight. It's tucked to much the weight hits the webbing in clutch before it sits on heal. Just slightly, but enough to leave a mark on weights. Tucked to much to fit cat clutches too. I told Erich about this. Hope they revise their weights.
Meanwhile those who purchased these weights are stuck with them?

They seem to work fine to me? What will happen if I keep running them the way they are? Another ssi product that doesn't work right

Nothing Cory,it's just your limited to springs you can use because it's tucked ( engages to hi). I myself don't like that and like to use different primary springs.
The bushings in them suck though. They can be replaced though.

great explanation minus40,as i was reading this i was thinking the only way the belt to sheve would not change because there is no roller pressure on weights.that spacer is stepped,i use this concept on my water drag sled primary,which is a cat primary. to change out weight and not worry about belt spacing.

How do you fix the untuckness? Just grind the not tom of the weight right there so it doesn't hit?

Back
Top Bottom