• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

??? SSI PRO MAG ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS ???

The shim I'm using is cut so the belt to sheave is .002 on a new belt. It stops the sheave, only way to change belt clearance is to change shim, belt wear or different belt. Belts quickly wear in to get .010 clearance.
It is also designed to place spider where the 10 series weight would sit. I can use 10 series and any weight that has a heel tucked more than a 10 series. The belt clearance does not change.
The tucked weight is loose in clutch but when engine is started they swing out to rest on roller in the same position the 10 series would be. Same as your doing just a different method.

Often I move the spider out to un-tuck the 10 series for better belt grab while still maintaining tighter belt clearance for the nice crank friendly engagement, such as i'm putting through trees on a longtrack.
If you are moving the spyder out, are you cutting the spring pocket so you don't raise the pretension?

If you are moving the spyder out, are you cutting the spring pocket so you don't raise the pretension?
Good point Dave.

I've measured probably a dozen axys primary for the Polaris spec of force lbs on springs as they state. Their spec is 2.50"-1.19" force lbs.

None of the spring pockets are exactly that. Some are 2.60"-1.28" and on.
This has a great effect on spring and will have guys chasing their tails when they think they have a 120/300 primary spring, but the clutch pockets are 2.60"-1.28". That changes the spring rate from a 120/300 big time and guys are scratching their heads why it's not working.
Just putting this factor out there too.

Yes, pockets are cut as needed
Now all you really need to do is measure the force pounds and see how accurate you are too Polaris spec 2.50"-1.19".
Not one I've measured is that.

weight.jpg
clearanced for webbing in clutch

Those are tucked too.
Interesting that holes are on the positive side of rotation vs others

These are a more aggressive profile so the weight is a bit taller at the roller contact point. I've made them with the magnet holes on either side of the rotation and never have lost a magnet.

yes, these are a cutler profile but was not able to test them .

will do i'll have a few other profiles to try this fall. I've always had the best results from aggressive profile -lots of mass early in the weight then a bit lighter towards the tip , grabs the belt hard out of the gate and shifts hard but also backshifts better but this is my first experience with the roller secondary so it will be a learning experience. Also most of my riding is flatland with not a ton of snow but good traction and no more than 1000ft simply because we have no place to run that far.

The profile was copied off the mag weights

Yes ...agree . Cat provides support to Speedwerx, where Polaris did not support Hot Seat.

Show me a clutch that has 1.31 travel and I'll show you the 2.5-1.19. LOL We'll both be looking for a while!
I just cut the spider for the closed spec I want and the installed height is what it is
Well I like to get the force pounds on primary springs close to 2.50" start and at least 1.25" force lbs finish .I like the 1.25" finish rate better then the 1.19" anyways.(springs won't bind as much)
Spring pockets and glide washers adjust this perfectly if you like.

Awesome thread you guy's,keep it going .
We have no snow,so let's talk what works for you Div20

IMAG1048_1.jpg

Shows the different profiles when sitting on clutch roller(duplicated)
Old epi weight on bottom, 10 series second from bottom, Dalton third from bottom, gold stars at top.
Shows how aggressive the old epi is vs the conservative gold stars.

IMAG1049_1.jpg

Same as above pic, more aggressive on right to least aggressive on left.

IMAG1050_1.jpg

Old epi on bottom,heavy hitter,ssi and gold star on top.

Back
Top Bottom