• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

??? SSI PRO MAG ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS ???

These are the new gold star for Polaris axys. It's a very conservative profile vs the others.

Hot Seat at top, Minus40 customs (lol) in the middle and Speedwerx on bottom

View attachment 1091

Actually the pin, heel base to roller contact is very similiar to the Cutler MAG. I must have used that as my starting point.
View attachment 1092
your profile looks nicely aggressive and has mid and a liittle tip weight from what I can see?? I like that
doesn't look tucked either??

They are not the same as ours.
IMAG1056_1.jpg

Correct.

Different profiles. 10 series on bottom,ssi, then bmp gold stars up top.
Jig duplicates clutch pin placement.

From the pic that's why they need 3-4 magnets in every hole to work. Hence the 76 gram totals some people were posting
This is showing 78 gram total that we pulled out of Haulins sled . Was still over revving optimum rpm with the gold stars with 78 gram's(conservative flat profile).
Put in 10 series and Dalton's around 70-72 grams and the optimum rpm was close(slightly under optimum rpm) with lighter weights( more aggressive profile then gold stars). So you don't have to use as much weight.

Personally, I like a profile curve that's even a little more aggressive then the 10 series, but not as aggressive as the 11 series for fast trail set up .

This is showing 78 gram total that we pulled out of Haulins sled . Was still over revving optimum rpm with the gold stars with 78 gram's(conservative flat profile).
Put in 10 series and Dalton's around 70-72 grams and the optimum rpm was close(slightly under optimum rpm) with lighter weights( more aggressive profile then gold stars). So you don't have to use as much weight.

Personally, I like a profile curve that's even a little more aggressive then the 10 series, but not as aggressive as the 11 series for fast trail set up .

What spring were you using when you were running 78 grams of weight? You sure you weren't getting coil bind at that point?

What spring were you using when you were running 78 grams of weight? You sure you weren't getting coil bind at that point?
The primary clutch in question was measured for force lbs as Polaris uses the 2.5" -1.19" for primary as you know.
This one is 2.62"-1.25" force lbs Neal. So no spring binding here as 1.25" is finish.
I was using a 120/300, 120/290

I noticed that your profile is flatter then the 10 series in mid section in my Jig.

To me Neal, it looks like you have to load the two middle holes first then heel and tip to minimize using to much weight as the profile is flatter then some in the middle shown on my Jig.

Calling dan today about the weights. In my opinion, weights are the most confusing haha. Are SSI weights still the go to?

proS800 setup seems awesome with ssi weights
The only problem is the heel cut of those weights limits the primary springs to use. (0.030" heel tuck over 10 series)
I think dans weights are close to the 10 series profile, so is the Dalton's as big fuse said

Talked to Dan, he said that the new v5 weights are a little more aggressive than the 10 series weights with heavy tip weight. Also the weights are cut at the heal, not sure how much they are cut.

Eek ? QUESTION ? Eek

Can anyone explain the differences in using
Polaris Series-10 or Polaris Series-11 weights on the same sled engine with the same parameters ? Eek

Engine produces only 70 Hp but has good torque.
* Full shift on this engine and with this pipe is: 7200 ~ 7300 Rpm.
* I want to have a engagement Rpm of: 3600 ~ 3800 Rpm.

What weight can be right to begin with and why ? Eek
Which spring can be suitable to start with ? Eek

:Worthless

Polaris vikter.jpg
Principer.jpg

Back
Top Bottom