• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

Awesome info and site! But can't we argue about it a little? LOL
Discuss it yes, no one is 100% right or wrong.
We don't need the I'm smarter then you and I'm faster then you mentality though.:D

Anyways.

Not everything works for everyone. You have to test and maybe massage it a little.
Lots of great advice on here from everyone.Div20

What is the Team part number for a 48/44 F and I have an helix from Gabes (Otp ) ..never try this one don't know the reaction of those 2 sides with a 1.68 ratio ??

What is the Team part number for a 48/44 F and I have an helix from Gabes (Otp ) ..never try this one don't know the reaction of those 2 sides with a 1.68 ratio ??

Pretty sure either of these helix numbers will have the 48/44 angle, LW420767 or LW420716

Last edited:
Hey guys finally got to ride today. Sled runs good. Still pretty even with my buddies on a rolling race. I did gearing springs helix weights and gates. He did same primary spring 120/310 and he did a 155/222 and gates. Pretty even. His sled has secondary heat, what would remedy that??? Mine did good, will check for shift out tomorrow.

Can you post more specific detail on complete setups? Would help, the sled with the 155/222 spring , what helix is in it?
Hey doc, both sleds are 15 rush s 800, mine got 120/310 cutler adjustables, 50/44 120/200, gates belt and 1.74, his only got 120/310, 155/222 on stock helix and gates belt. We ride pretty hard and his secondary was fairly warm. Could put hand on it but pretty warm. He says he feel slip near top speed.

Hey guys finally got to ride today. Sled runs good. Still pretty even with my buddies on a rolling race. I did gearing springs helix weights and gates. He did same primary spring 120/310 and he did a 155/222 and gates. Pretty even. His sled has secondary heat, what would remedy that??? Mine did good, will check for shift out tomorrow.
Interesting, Were both sleds running about the same max rpm?? Neither one was faster in ANY areas??Mid??Top end??

Interesting, Were both sleds running about the same max rpm?? Neither one was faster in ANY areas??Mid??Top end??
Seems mine had a bit better low but I do have more studs. But once we where rolling pretty even and both around 8250

Ok, so what am I missing here??

You have problems with your sled as guys are implying??

Hey doc, both sleds are 15 rush s 800, mine got 120/310 cutler adjustables, 50/44 120/200, gates belt and 1.74, his only got 120/310, 155/222 on stock helix and gates belt. We ride pretty hard and his secondary was fairly warm. Could put hand on it but pretty warm. He says he feel slip near top speed.

In yellow popo,thats what you said.

your set up , primary, 120/310,with adjustable weights(whats the weight?),secondary a50/44 f,120/200, with 1.74 gear ratio.

your buddy,primary 120/310, with what weights?????,stock helix,155/222, what gear ratio??

your leaving out a lot of information for anyone to try and help you??? doc just asked you and you told me go go back a page. I did,lots left out???

whats your primary weight set at?? how many studs??

Are you just simply asking how come your buddy has secondary heat???

It's very confusing??

whats your buddies primary weight?? is he studded??,whats his gear ratio??

put a specific list together as doc asked and maybe someone can help

2 things , ur buddy is probably getting the secondary clutch heat from not being geared down ...

Second could it be with the cutler/ dalton style weight you can't get enough tip weight ?

Which cutler adjustable a do you have the IT or the TM? And how are they loaded up? Flasch has s good point, primary could also be slipping heating the belt and transfering heat to the secondary,

That's interesting popo I've tested a 310 primary spring and 155/222 on stock weights and stock helix. In my testing my sled was slower.

I'm guessing the stock sled has slower moving clutches due to the spring tension that he added and the taller gear is helping load the sled. This is in his favor for roll ons. The other sled because he geared down will have to make sure his clutches are shifting out. I bet this sleds primary clutch is not weight distributed properly, base and tip. From a dead stop you should be out accelerating the stock geared sled if you have traction.remember here guys there are two ways to load the motor one is chain case and the other is clutches. There needs to be a balance between the two, taking some from the chain case , you will need to add load to make your clutches work harder. And there cN be a fine line here, so one adjustment at s time.

Back
Top Bottom