• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

Did you go? That bad
Yes, not worth the 7hr ride. I had to go to get other sleds ready. Rode 45miles, water holes here, there, rocks sticking out where groomed. Where it wasn't groomed was most snow. But was bumpy.

Yes, not worth the 7hr ride. I had to go to get other sleds ready. Rode 45miles, water holes here, there, rocks sticking out where groomed. Where it wasn't groomed was most snow. But was bumpy.
Ok, where did you go?

hey guys i keep reading and want to try the 50-44 helix that is recomended. can someone tell me what the stock is and how much diffrence it will make?

1.67 ratio with studs in track .
I would tend to agree with that ratio on a one inch hacksaw.

Let me throw this out there for tuning.
Gear down slightly
Start with stock helix and spring
Start with stock primary spring
Dalton adjustable weights or other brand adjustable.
Adjust engagement " if necessary " by notching weights.
All tuning with a pipe.
Thoughts ?

Yes they are, Brock posted a pic somewhere on this site of a few weights showing the profiles. I've never used them, but they seam popular to a lot of people

Yes they are, Brock posted a pic somewhere on this site of a few weights showing the profiles. I've never used them, but they seam popular to a lot of people
They're really easy to tune.
Would Daltons adjustable weights be a better choice than the 10-70, I thought I heard they were a more aggressive ramp
The 10-70 weights don't have enough tip mass. That's where the Daltons work really well as you can load the heel for better belt pinch at engagement and tip mass to fully shift out. I highly recommend them.

They're really easy to tune.
The 10-70 weights don't have enough tip mass. That's where the Daltons work really well as you can load the heel for better belt pinch at engagement and tip mass to fully shift out. I highly recommend them.

JUST today got my Daltons. I will end up running a Terra-Alps head/pistons and an SSI pipe and PCV with a Dynotech matched map. Also the usually recommended 50/44 helix; 120/310 primary and the recommended secondary--was it 120/200? Geared down to 1.74 and added a 1.5 Ripsaw 2 to replace the 1.25 Ripsaw 2 on my AXYS SW S 800.

Can you please recommend a loading profile for the Dalton primary weights as a starting point?

Ttraynor , what's your weight and are you Studding the track??

JUST today got my Daltons. I will end up running a Terra-Alps head/pistons and an SSI pipe and PCV with a Dynotech matched map. Also the usually recommended 50/44 helix; 120/310 primary and the recommended secondary--was it 120/200? Geared down to 1.74 and added a 1.5 Ripsaw 2 to replace the 1.25 Ripsaw 2 on my AXYS SW S 800.

Can you please recommend a loading profile for the Dalton primary weights as a starting point?
ON THE SPRING YOU MAY NEED A FEW 140-200 WORKED WITH 10 SERIES PROFILE, MAY NEED A TOUCH MORE WITH A TUCKED WEIGHT. 155-222 FOR EXAMPLE

Sorry for the late reply. I weigh 160-170 and no studs.
With all you got going on. I would load the tip weight of those daltons and heel to get you somewhere around 71 to 72 grams to start. From what I'm seeing in your mods you need to rev 8400 rpm.
Try a 120/300 or a 120/310 primary spring.
Use that full progressive helix with a140/200 like doc said. If you feel it's lazy in back shift, use a 140/220 or a 155/222.

Try it Div20

With all you got going on. I would load the tip weight of those daltons and heel to get you somewhere around 71 to 72 grams to start. From what I'm seeing in your mods you need to rev 8400 rpm.
Try a 120/300 or a 120/310 primary spring.
Use that full progressive helix with a140/200 like doc said. If you feel it's lazy in back shift, use a 140/220 or a 155/222.

Try it Div20

Awesome info and site! But can't we argue about it a little? LOL

Back
Top Bottom