• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

DYNOTYME II !!!!!

It is according to the current oem online fich at 8am central time this morning.

ok then this makes sence, the higher reving 17s is from less timing on the big end. that's where the other 200 rpm are coming from..desired and actual are going to remain less then a 15,or 16.IMO

Did spi respond to timing or was it still making 0 hp?

Didn't add a pcv to it, if it would have made something over stock we probably would have.
Dyno time is short , so much to test, you have to eliminate some things

How did the BMP pipe due cold? In other words, was it lower on HP until pipe temp went up? Thus in real world conditions one might expect it to not pull as hard or accelerate as quick as compared to the Jaws pipe which had similar HP cold and hot?

Nice work guys. Thanks for sharing!

How did that 911 do????
We had no time to test the 911. So many pipes tested on the stocker took us 12 plus hours . We Will probably bring the 911 back up in mid December with Brock's sled when he gets it ready. Tests on those 2 sleds will be a bit more similar . That will help us save on Dyno time.

Jim starts the run when the pipe temp reaches 850 degrees and the engine temp is around 90 degrees . Then we run it hard for a minute plus till engine temp is 145 + degrees and pipe temp was reaching 1140-1160 degrees

Engine temp is controlled by flow of coolant at jims so we can run it hard for a minute plus without over heating . T stat is pulled to help.
We pound on it hard to find we're everything works best . Then we pass on the the knowledge to you guys . Div20

Thanks Brock for all testing you guys do. I was going to leave my new to me 2016 switchback stock...but after reading all the info here...and after talking to Greg I decided to run the jaws single pipe/stock can setup. I like the fact it makes some more power..but I love the fact that it holds this power well and with my16 i shouldn't need a fuel controller...and allows the sled to rev a bit higher. Might be personal preference but I would rather have peak power at 8500rpm any day.

To all the guys that have tested these pipes on 15's, which pipe would you run if your didnot run ANY fuel controller? And which would you run with a PCV controller?

ok then this makes sence, the higher reving 17s is from less timing on the big end. that's where the other 200 rpm are coming from..desired and actual are going to remain less then a 15,or 16.IMO

So you guys found the 17s had less timing at high RPM. How does this affect peak HP? Has it also moved up some? How was the peak HP on the 17 vs the 16s? I do realize this is is in break in mode but I assume you guys have some data from 2016 while it was in break in too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would the aftermarket clutching be any different versus 2015/2016 because of less timing up top and any overall ECU changes? Same thing as it relates to the gearing too?

Interesting. Let's hope that the timing is being overridden a few degrees by the break-in program and not some over imposing/sensitive protection scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am installing Bikeman pipe on 2017 800 and need to add 2 degrees timing on pcv do I go 2 plus or 2 negative.

Talked to Jim and he said to add timing. I just need a place to start. Which way is to add timing. Positive or negative

I'm getting a 17 on dyno with break in mode taken out thanks to a good friend Div20

Buy your pcv from Jim or program from Jim please(pipe temp needs to be optimal though)

Or buy a bully dog from Joey at bmp

Both these guys know whats going on

Just curious but why even bother testing in break-in mode? Also, was the BMP pipe held for long periods of time? I noticed you just mentioned Jaws and Terra Alps being held open for a long period, not the others.

Just curious but why even bother testing in break-in mode? Also, was the BMP pipe held for long periods of time? I noticed you just mentioned Jaws and Terra Alps being held open for a long period, not the others.
We toke a new 17 there because Jim wanted us too, to see differences in model years in break in mode . That simple.
Don't you guys have a bd that takes out break in mode ??

We toke a new 17 there because Jim wanted us too, to see differences in model years in break in mode . That simple.
Don't you guys have a bd that takes out break in mode ??

Oh okay gotcha, just wondering that's all. Yes, the customer has the option to request whether or not they want break-in mode. We can also set it to any duration they want.

Joey sent me a bd and he's been awesome .

30 short Dyno pulls and it's up to peak hp were it should be anyways. What we weren't expecting is the ecu having timing retarded for break in( we can prove that yet)

As soon as I get your bd with break in mode taken out, were trying it on another brand new 17 and see the difference?

Back
Top Bottom