• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Indy 600 clutching

Nothing yet for me racerdave. I have nsp helix to try this year. Also Ssi pipe mod and bmp airflow shelf. Will be running afr gauge at first to make sure it's not too lean with stock mapping. Hopefully will see some improvements. I will run stock pipe a couple of runs, then switch to pipe mod to see what I can gain rpm.
Any reason you chose SSI over Bikeman to mod your pipe? I ran the BMP pipe mod on 2 Fuse6's with good results. Debating having one done on the Indy 6 but wondering if the results are really there on the CFI motor?

I know back around 2007-2008 HTG brought a 600cfi to dyno tech tried some different pipes.
The bikeman made 5-6 if I remember right. I know that was a 4 injector 600 new ones are 2.
If the port timing is the same should be the result.

Any reason you chose SSI over Bikeman to mod your pipe? I ran the BMP pipe mod on 2 Fuse6's with good results. Debating having one done on the Indy 6 but wondering if the results are really there on the CFI motor?
I was talking to another fellow sledder from Ontario, that did the Ssi pipe mod on his Indy 600. He claimed that he was running 8250-8300 before pipe mod. After running 8450-8500 rpm with same clutching. So making more power.

11-64's ordered. Those with oem blk/grn 120/340, 46-42f helix with 140/200 sec spring and stock 22-40 gearing, will be first setup ran. 1 inch Hack with 120 1.175 Woodys Gold Diggers trail studs. Several other primary and sec springs to juggle with. Need to see if this keeps me up with,in front of or behind a stock clutched and stock geared 2015 MXZ 600 E-tech with 1.25 ripsaw and 84 studs, in 800ft to 1/2+ mile hardpack road run. When road is clear we can probably run close to a mile. I also weigh 75+ pounds more. I'm wondering if after 1,000 ft or so if the 11-64's may not pull rpm.

Your set up may work?

I just don't like the 340lbs finish in primary or the 200lbs finish in secondary

But hey, it might work?

The 11-64's might be heavy , but you can always grind the side of the weight down 1/2 a gram at a time

Polaris runs that primary in all the 600's with e start, I'm guessing because of the ring gear. I thought about changing it for a 120/310. We will see. The 140/200 I ran on several Fuse 600's with the oem 64/46.36? oem helix with good luck.

68 are going to be way to heavy for a 600 imo. At 7800-7900 this motor is sluggish I find in my testing. I ran 10-66 with a team 140-330 primary spring with stock secondary setup and seen improvements. If memory serves me right it ran around 8100-8150. I currently have Qap2 loaded to 64g. But I ran them loaded to 65 last year with gabes clutching. Hope this helps.
So Brett uv tried both Gabes & Northstares kit? What one seems to work better for lining up and racing your buddy's across the lake? And aggressive trail riding?

11-64's ordered. Those with oem blk/grn 120/340, 46-42f helix with 140/200 sec spring and stock 22-40 gearing, will be first setup ran. 1 inch Hack with 120 1.175 Woodys Gold Diggers trail studs. Several other primary and sec springs to juggle with. Need to see if this keeps me up with,in front of or behind a stock clutched and stock geared 2015 MXZ 600 E-tech with 1.25 ripsaw and 84 studs, in 800ft to 1/2+ mile hardpack road run. When road is clear we can probably run close to a mile. I also weigh 75+ pounds more. I'm wondering if after 1,000 ft or so if the 11-64's may not pull rpm.
Keep me posted on what's working Dave, iv got a host of E-techs to run against this season!

Scott, remember mine is a Indy chassis not a AXYS chassis.

Scott, remember mine is a Indy chassis not a AXYS chassis.
Ya I got ya Dave, but the primary & secondary setups should relate cuz it's same powerband 8150-8250ish. My 1.35 cobra track and Axys rear skid my rob a little up top

I have the gabes pretty well dialled in. Still got some work on the nsp setup. Was only able to test it once last year due to lack of snow. I think the nsp will outperform the gabes. I'll know more when there is snow.

I have the gabes pretty well dialled in. Still got some work on the nsp setup. Was only able to test it once last year due to lack of snow. I think the nsp will outperform the gabes. I'll know more when there is snow.
What adjustable weights would you recommend with the Gabes kit?

I'm running qap2 daltons, but I'm curious to try 11-64 for drag racing.

How much weight did you have to add to the daltons to get your RPM's 8100-8200ish with the Gabes kit?

Usually 2 to 3 grams.

Ya I got ya Dave, but the primary & secondary setups should relate cuz it's same powerband 8150-8250ish. My 1.35 cobra track and Axys rear skid my rob a little up top
And maybe for that same reason a little less agressive helix would be better on a AXYS. Just a thought.

180-345 64 g in primary 160-240 54-40 secondary stock gearing ...not your 110 mph setup but very good 0-90 setup that's on a Indy 121 with 1.5 track 96 studs

180! Thats a rip your jackshaft bearing out primary start rate.

180! Thats a rip your jackshaft bearing out primary start rate.
Haha yeah 4500 is engagement but it's a good trail setup maybe the next step down spring would be alright for an avid trail person but it keeps rpms up and quick shifting always in your peak power range

Glad to hear your mopping up with that set up!!

With that gearing you should be able to get away with 65 grams. Otherwise, you know, the 600's love 64 grams if everything else is right.

Some of our fastest 600's set ups turn 8350 on the top end. Every sled runs a little bit different. Some like it, some don't. Sounds like you have it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom