• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

??? SSI PRO MAG ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS ???

How about the heavy hitters? I wish I seen them before I bought cutlers.
I've tried heavy hitters for fast trail. There to aggressive of a profile for fast trial or trail riding.. Good for drag racing though. Huge heel weight.

I love heavy hitters.I haven't ran them in the 800 yet.I have used them for trail,drag racing,and speed running.

last yr I started using the lightening weight, we mod them to accept tungsten discs ( 7 grams ea, ) or 1 gram washers at each of the 4 pre drilled locations.. looks like BMP is doing the same as well.
they work damn good at allowing shift bias to be tuned for most conditions and like of the owner.

Always liked the old heel clicker as well for performance just not for durability. all that High center of heel mass reaks havoc on the pivot bushings in short time.. I also have lightening weights with HEEL shoulder added to them ( 7 grams of shoulder ). the m8 guys love them . havent tried a set in the axsys yet. WE NEED SNOW !!!!!!

When I say shoulder mass it means mass ABOVE the weight center line. like the clicker but much shorter. STM mark was making these for me. we now do them in house.

My rpms still hit 8,350 with the weights in 3 heel, 1 middle, 3 tip. With the bikeman pipe on as well. Engagement is perfect for racing lol. Not so much for slow trail riding.

That pipe needs to rev 8400 .

As I said, try 3,2,2

Doing that as we speak. Give me like 20 mins to get back in the lake and test
8350 but smoother and held rpm up top eh Tom
I'd try 4 in base, O in mid and keep 3 in tip .
he had 3 in heel, 1 in mid and 3 in tip and told me it would slam in 8300 hold and come back down in rpm then go to 8350.
That's why I told him to go 3,2,2.
Now he just told me it's slamming in hard and holding,not falling down and climbing back up. Had to much in tip.

there is no reason for a slam .. none at all. either your weights are too far tucked under or your spring has too much preload. Slamming in means youve got something wrong. that slamming causes an overshift that drops the rpms mid way thru the shift and has to backshift or let the sled velocity catch back up to recover the rpms.

fix the slam and it will be better than you would expect.. much better

True Gus, by slamming in. I meant rpm, not the primary.
The rpm's are slamming in at 8100 rpm from a good hole shot and climbing from there .
I worded it wrong and I'm sorry for the confusion.

there is no reason for a slam .. none at all. either your weights are too far tucked under or your spring has too much preload. Slamming in means youve got something wrong. that slamming causes an overshift that drops the rpms mid way thru the shift and has to backshift or let the sled velocity catch back up to recover the rpms.

fix the slam and it will be better than you would expect.. much better
Would u rather see it come in at say 8100, then climb to 8350?

8350 but smoother and held rpm up top eh Tom

he had 3 in heel, 1 in mid and 3 in tip and told me it would slam in 8300 hold and come back down in rpm then go to 8350.
That's why I told him to go 3,2,2.
Now he just told me it's slamming in hard and holding,not falling down and climbing back up. Had to much in tip.
U can hear it in his videos racing that Cat, sounds like it revs high, comes down then pulls back up.

U can hear it in his videos racing that Cat, sounds like it revs high, comes down then pulls back up.
Yes, and those videos your viewing from Tom, are all with the stock 1.61 ratio and stock clutching.

Yes, and those videos your viewing from Tom, are all with the stock 1.61 ratio and stock clutching.
I could've sworn he said was geared and clutched.
If thats how its acting stock, then there was a problem to start with. Mine does not do that.

sorry guys, never heard the terms you fellas are using to describe a clutch or its shift pattern. slamming is engagment only, if you refer to shift rpm thats another thing .

ill play lawyer here, when you say slamming you really mean shift rpms when throttle is put to wide open.. then you say rpms fall off and come back.
that can and most often is chassis set up for many.. too much ski lift causes overshift , overshift is followed by LOSS of rpm then the rpm will recover further along the wide open run.. another cause can be just not enough traction..
all of it points to an overshift initially.

the team clutches are horrible for this. horrible. the only real fans of the 2 legged driven are the oems who get them cheap..

I could've sworn he said was geared and clutched.
If thats how its acting stock, then there was a problem to start with. Mine does not do that.
Ok Mike, I just asked Tom, he confirmed. It was the stock 1.61 ratio.

Wow is all. That video is my sled 100%stock with a exhaust leak. And it's from last year if you couldn't tell by all the snow. I didn't do any of my mods till a couple months ago. I've raced that cat over 150 times at least, he is my best friend, and the out come is always the same. He gets me in the hole shot but I always come around him. And no I never let off during that race. Idk what you are hearing. I have about 50 other videos I could post with the same results. I wouldn't catch him and pass him till shit after 1000 feet. The pro s always had more top end but in 1000 foot race the cat would get me. Now with my sled regeared and clutched it pulls way harder in 1000 feet where I get the launch and mid range now. The 1.61 was the problem. Ya it's good for super top end lake races but it sucked in the trails. It was hard to keep up to the cat in the slow twistys. Now my sled is like a fucking rocket in the slow and fast twistys. You guys can think of what u want but I know my sled is way faster in 1000 feet then it was. I almost think I should post all the videos just so you guys shut up lol.

And yes with the new weights in 3,2,2 it holds 8,350 all day. Just drove it last night. Then hoped on my stock rush and it felt like a 600 lol

Back
Top Bottom