• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

??? SSI PRO MAG ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS ???

Ok Mike, I just asked Tom, he confirmed. It was the stock 1.61 ratio.
I hear it in videos that are recent posted. Im not trying to start trouble, but with ear buds in u hear it rev high then fall down and come back. Maybe its just sound in video?

And yes with the new weights in 3,2,2 it holds 8,350 all day. Just drove it last night. Then hoped on my stock rush and it felt like a 600 lol
Id sure hope a unstuded stock sled would feel different then one with studs and mods!

Rush had 144 studs now, and even on the trail the rush with stock gearing is no match for the switchback. If u think my pipe adds so much power corner to corner your wrong. Thays in gearino and clutching

Mike, your persistence to try a prove the 1.61 ratio is superior then anything I suggested or anyone else is well known and seen. It's fine if you don't wanna change ratios, that's your choice.

Just don't dis everyone else's choice to choose a different ratio that you don't agree with.

Everyone is different and no 2 set ups will be the same. But they might work effectively for who ever chooses it.

It's ok pros800, you do what you want .

Changes are always going to stir controversy.

last yr I started using the lightening weight, we mod them to accept tungsten discs ( 7 grams ea, ) or 1 gram washers at each of the 4 pre drilled locations.

Gus, I just got a set of slp lightning weights to try this year. I like the profile as it's a little more aggressive then the 10 series polaris weights. And it has more tip weight which I like.
I'm curious about what your doing with these weights as I like the profile. I've never used these slp lightning weights before. I like the heavier tip and the fact u can drill out the 4 holes to make lighter.
I wanna try what you have going on.

I have a set of perfectly matched 72.5 grams now

Looking at BMP's goldstar weight I am leery of the tip hole looking thin on the top?

I have 1000s of miles on these style weights ( ran them in my 3 procrosses) not 1 issue .

I just received a set of pro mag weights from Erich at ssi.
I like the ease of adjustability, but the heels are tucked 0.040"+/- 0.003" vs the 10 series.
That's seems to much to me and will engage about 500 rpm higher then stock 10 series weights.

IMAG0940.jpg

The 10 series weight is in the back ground.
You can see how much the ssi weights are tucked vs 10 series.

By the way, my jig duplicates exact pin placement in clutch for verification.

I think 10 series mod weights had the heels cut .020?

I just received a set of pro mag weights from Erich at ssi.
I like the ease of adjustability, but the heels are tucked 0.040"+/- 0.003" vs the 10 series.
That's seems to much to me and will engage about 500 rpm higher then stock 10 series weights. Also, belt to sheave has to be readjusted.

Brock, I'm engaging at 4200ish area with the weights set at 3-1-2 (heel, mid, tip). My belt to sheave is set at .018" with the Gates and SSI set-up.

Brock, I'm engaging at 4200ish area with the weights set at 3-1-2 (heel, mid, tip). My belt to sheave is set at .018" with the Gates and SSI set-up.
I bet your using a 120 start primary spring for 4200 rpm engagement.
Pros800 had my 140/300 primary spring in with the ssi pro mags and was engaging @ 4800 rpm. I got him to change to a 120/300 Polaris blue and it engages at 42-4300 now

I bet your using a 120 start primary spring for 4200 rpm engagement.
Pros800 had my 140/300 primary spring in with the ssi pro mags and was engaging @ 4800 rpm. I got him to change to a 120/300 Polaris blue and it engages at 42-4300 now

Yep, exactly....TEAM white 120/310. Engagement feels very smooth to me. Will the engagement RPM's change at all once sled is broken in and motor is loosened up?

Yep, exactly....TEAM white 120/310. Engagement feels very smooth to me. Will the engagement RPM's change at all once sled is broken in and motor is loosened up?
How many hours on engine??

What's your set up if you don't mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom