• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

team vs p2

Funny,when they unveiled the axys sleds to us,,,Chris new EVERY detail of the sled,,,including what clutches were used.
Good pre-unveiling briefing??

Excellent Dave,,,it was a very cool experience all around!!! Chris answered all the questions thrown at him including why no 4 stroke

Actually I meant, Wolf had a good breifing from his people on the sled.

Actually Chris said he had three seasons driving different versions of the axys in disguise. Sounded like he's a real sledder.

I've run the P2, it does have more top end than the TSS04 with similar angles and softer springs. I only used it for 300 ish miles, but feel either I was off on the set up a bit or the clutch does not backshift as fast as the 04 did with its larger springs. I was running a 60-40 helix with the tabbed 222 finish spring

I did notice that the P2 favored a shorter gear ratio than the TSS04, for example with a 153 x 2.25 track the TSS04 liiked a 2.26 gear ratio, on the P2, I needed to be geared to 2.42 ish to get full shift out on the clutch.

I agree with Brock, I think for Polaris to get the TEAM clutches on their sled they had to sign a multi year contract with Team and gurantee minimums. Which is why I dont think the P2 will be full sale for a few more years.

I think that for the money on a P2 or a tied, the tied is a better clutch, with its 4 rollers (2 inner, 2 outer) and locked sheaves it does a great job with minimal spring tension, fast backshift and amazing upshift. I have used the tied and P2 back to back on the same sleds, I think the tied offered a better package for the type of riding I mainly get into (tight trees and general Mtn riding)

Hey guys! Anyone do some testing with the tied team clutch? Ive been hearing good things about the clutch and want to remove the tss04 and put the tied on. I had bad luck with the tss04. Rather not run it this year.

Hey guys! Anyone do some testing with the tied team clutch? Ive been hearing good things about the clutch and want to remove the tss04 and put the tied on. I had bad luck with the tss04. Rather not run it this year.
Sorry I can't help you as I've never ran a Tied.

I'm just wondering a good aggressive trail and racing setup on hard packed straight away with the team tied clutch.

Properly set up the tied will leave you a very happy camper. Going to need a general idea of what you have for sled, traction and mods to get a better idea on tied set up.

I've run the P2, it does have more top end than the TSS04 with similar angles and softer springs. I only used it for 300 ish miles, but feel either I was off on the set up a bit or the clutch does not backshift as fast as the 04 did with its larger springs. I was running a 60-40 helix with the tabbed 222 finish spring

I did notice that the P2 favored a shorter gear ratio than the TSS04, for example with a 153 x 2.25 track the TSS04 liiked a 2.26 gear ratio, on the P2, I needed to be geared to 2.42 ish to get full shift out on the clutch.

I agree with Brock, I think for Polaris to get the TEAM clutches on their sled they had to sign a multi year contract with Team and gurantee minimums. Which is why I dont think the P2 will be full sale for a few more years.

I think that for the money on a P2 or a tied, the tied is a better clutch, with its 4 rollers (2 inner, 2 outer) and locked sheaves it does a great job with minimal spring tension, fast backshift and amazing upshift. I have used the tied and P2 back to back on the same sleds, I think the tied offered a better package for the type of riding I mainly get into (tight trees and general Mtn riding)
Have you by any chance weighed the P2, Tied, and the TSS04?

The tss04 and the p2 weigh close to the same on my scale. 9 lbs 7oz's

The tss04 and the p2 weigh close to the same on my scale. 9 lbs 7oz's
Ideally a guy would want, if he was fussy, the lightest secondary. Seeing as the Tied is heaviest, plus probably a nightmare for those who aren't too familiar with how to tune it most would probably opt for keeping the stock secondary stock. I've used both a P2 and the stock secondary in my 09 Dragon and 2011 Rush. For me the P2 was easier to tune than the stock secondary, bear in mind that's me and not everybody else. I made huge gains on my 2011 Rush with gearing, clutching, and a 2.86 pitch 1 inch track. I'm sure that there may be other ways that other tuners get results also.

If the P2 is that much better why didn't ya give it a try last year?? Pretty easy swap???

If the P2 is that much better why didn't ya give it a try last year?? Pretty easy swap???
i did give it a try. Didn't have the right helix for it so went back to what I had. Got more helixes on the way. You asked me that in another forum before.

Properly set up the tied will leave you a very happy camper. Going to need a general idea of what you have for sled, traction and mods to get a better idea on tied set up.
I have a 2016 pro s ltd. Two studs per row and gear it 1.74. I'm going to run it stock for a while then maybe try a pipe but not sure yet.

OK.So why no four stroke? Does he have a bad taste in his mouth from the 750 turbo?
I went to the U.P. back in 09 with a few friends. I had my 09 Dragon 800 with a few mods and my friend had his 09 FST turbo. He had a P2 secondary on his as did I. One day we decided to install 10-68 gram weights instead of the stock 10-66 gram weights. I couldn't get near him. He also raced his brother with a stock 09 FST turbo, but he had stock weights in his FST. The P2 clutched FST outpulled his brother's stocker in the midrange by about 7 lengths. There's definitely gains to be had in the secondary, but definitely not the stock secondary.

Ok guys I now have a properly calibrated P2 in my 2015 AXYS Rush. All that I can say is wow. Back shifts incredibly well and yanks your arms out of their sockets when I can find some hard pack snow.

I thought the P2 was a 2 roller secondary clutch ?? Had what I thought was a P2 on my 2009 600 Shift RMK . It worked fine but had no idea u could buy different helix's for it.
I do have some experience with the Polaris sleds :) The only other 3 roller polaris clutch I have come across was from around 2003-4 or so on the touring sleds to accommodate the new electronic reverse that was new to Polaris then. Also seen a few 3 roller secondaries in the accessory reverse kit sold buy Polaris for the Liberty 500 . Just saying. Also as u may see I am new to this form. Hello from SK Canada.

Back
Top Bottom