• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

team vs p2

Ed, did u get the p2 dialed in ??

I know you said you had the team set good too.

Ed, did u get the p2 dialed in ??

I know you said you had the team set good too.
Finally got my P2 springs on Thursday. Rode yesterday and it was almost a white out by the time that I got home. My favourite testing spot is all blown in. All that I can test is back shift and short wot runs if I'm lucky to even get those in. Next weekend I'll get on the case conditions permitting.

.....But we will never complain about too much snow LOLLetitsnow

If it's piling up too much Ed, send some south of the border please.

Hopefully this is not the end of the story. Sounds like you were not far off!

ok guys I have it narrowed down to a Dalton 66/44-42 helix and I just have to wait for snow to mess with springs.
Wonder were did you ever hear of that dalton angle, lol O O:D

Ok guys had a really good chance to try out my P2 today. First off I have a Jaws pipe and have to rev it at 8450. I have in the primary a 120-310 spring and 10-68 weights, in the secondary I have a helix from my favourite helix manufacturer Dalton which is a 50-42 full progressive with a P2 secondary spring that is a 140-200. The verdict is in. Wicked backshift and when hammered from a slow rolling start it goes to 8450 rpm and stays there thru the whole shift while skis are about 2-3 inches off of the snow. That is with stock gearing and I'm seriously thinking of gearing it down to 1.80. I struggled a bit with secondary spring choice and Brock gave me a hand with that. Div20 Am installing the 1.80 gear ratio next Friday. Stay tuned. :cool:

I tried my P2 set up too.
This is vs the tss-04

I have to rev 8400+ too. I went with a 50/44 fp and 140/220. I was in loose snow and hard pack down the trails. Nice up shift, nice back shift and shifts out all the way. Belt/sheave temps were good too. The P2 is definitely more efficient then the tss-04.
I need more race time on my set ups,but. So far so good

I am running a 1:86 gearing with the 2" track and it pulls HARD. Stock secondary on the TSS-04 for now.
Here's a vid running a rush with SLP pipe, RK TECK pistons and shim, PCV, clutching and gearing.
Just showing the vids so ya can see the gearing in action.

Just gearing down does help Eddie . Been saying this for years.
Your vids prove it. My timing system does and heaths track loader does .
Gear lower then stock guys in most cases. It's way more efficient and quicker .

Thanks for posting that Eddie.

Depends on gearing for the helix ?

Depends on weight profile for helix?

With ten series profile weights
Anything in a 1.74-1.80 ratio a 50/44 full progressive with a tabbed 145/220 spring works very well.

A 1.68 ratio with ten series profile weights would need a 50/44-42 full progressive and compound after 44 angle . Or a 50/42 full progressive with a 145/220 tabbed spring .

The P2 has unbelievable backshift and is always there no matter what rpm/mph.

Depends on gearing for the helix ?

Depends on weight profile for helix?

With ten series profile weights
Anything in a 1.74-1.80 ratio a 50/44 full progressive with a tabbed 145/220 spring works very well.

A 1.68 ratio with ten series profile weights would need a 50/44-42 full progressive and compound after 44 angle . Or a 50/42 full progressive with a 145/220 tabbed spring .

The P2 has unbelievable backshift and is always there no matter what rpm/mph.
Brock, I just looked on Daltons website and they don't list a 50-44 fp?

Back
Top Bottom