• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

team vs p2

Well I did order quite a few angles from dalton like the 50/44 fp, 50/42 fp, 48/44 fp , 66/44-42.45 and more race angles

So once programmed? Everyone benefits
That's good

I've dealt with Dalton before when I needed helixes for the button secondary. I have two helixes for the P2 secondary and those are a work of art. Dalton does very good work imo. Div20

Well I went for a ride today to break in a Gates belt. I have a Dalton Black/grey in the primary with 10-68 weights. P2 has a Dalton 50-42 full progressive helix with a 145-220 tabbed secondary spring. Sled over revs to 8500. Will be ordering a Dalton 50-44 and 48-44 full progressive helix tomorrow. Sled pulls like the proverbial freight train. Div20 Will wait for a little more snow to test.

Well I went for a ride today to break in a Gates belt. I have a Dalton Black/grey in the primary with 10-68 weights. P2 has a Dalton 50-42 full progressive helix with a 145-220 tabbed secondary spring. Sled over revs to 8500. Will be ordering a Dalton 50-44 and 48-44 full progressive helix tomorrow. Sled pulls like the proverbial freight train. Div20 Will wait for a little more snow to test.

Why not a gram or two more weight?

Polaris engineers developed the P2 to have their own and was Dyno tested on 165 + hp sleds and snow cross .

Here's what they found

The P2 lives on an engine test dyno approximately 3 times that of the Team TSS-04. The Team TSS-04 will complete 9 power-on jumps off a 3 foot loading ramp on wet dirt with 192 studded track before it either shatters the roller or spins the threaded in shaft.
The P2, with it's cast-in shaft, will complete between 28 and 45 of the same jump and will crack the stationary sheave at the shaft interface or break a tooth off the helix. The suspension rails will be replaced three times before completing this test with the P2. The suspension rails are the fuse in a sled with the P2.

The P2 was introduced in snow cross, 600 cc and the turbo. Added to the 800's in the dragon years in all models. Also in some 800's in the pro ride and Indy models till 2014

The P2 clutch was never stock in any 800cc 2-stroke sled from Polaris to the best of my knowledge.

The P2 clutch was never stock in any 800cc 2-stroke sled from Polaris to the best of my knowledge.

Thought it was?
Sorry for the misinformation Div20

It was made for 165 hp+ sleds. That I know of :cool:

Hi guys I'm new to the site,
I'm pretty new to this clutch tuning stuff. I have a bone stock 2016 Rush Pro S 800 120" 1.25 lug track. I have 144 1.5" studs I purchased for it that I need to insall still and I purchased a P2 secondary because I like what I'm hearing about the secondaries great backshifting and top end ability.

I ride aggressive trail and enjoy drag racing amongst friends, the elevation I usually ride in varies from 80' to 1700' and I would say that I average 240 to 250 fully geared to ride.

Could you guys give me a good combination for my sled using the P2 secondary clutch and I was planning on buying Dalton adjustable weights and what ever helix I need from Dalton also.

I'm currently running a Polaris belt but if you guys feel gates or another brand would give better performance then I will switch to that.

If there is any other info you need I will try to get you what ever you need, I look forward to hearing from you guys. I have been impressed with posts that I have read from Brock, Bigfuse, racerdave and many others just to name a few.

ProS, first if you are interested I have a new complete set of Dalton adjustables QAP-3 to sell (PM me if interested ) that I did not use last season and now I am buying a 850 so they are not heavy enough. If not using those weights, get a set of Polaris 10-68 weights and a black 120-310 Polaris primary spring part# 7043681. A Dalton P2 48-44FP or a 50-44FP helix these are custom cut by Dalton but they have cut them before so there should not be a setup charge. I ran the 50-44 but wanted to try the 48-44. The 48-44 might be a safer bet if you don't want to fiddle. Get 2 Polaris P2 springs. a 140-200 part# 7043495 and a 145-220 part# 7043496. If you only want one, buy the 140-200. If you buy both start with the 140-200. If you need a little more backshift and topend rpm try the 145-220. I would adjust the gearing to at least 1.68 or 1.73 You can just replace the upper 23 gear to a 22, use the stock chain and bottom 37 gear. this gives you a 1.68 ratio, which is a improvement over the stock 1.61 ratio. it does put a bigger bend in the chain. Or you can go to a 40 bottom gear and a 70 pitch chain, with the stock 23 top gear. this gives the 1.73 ratio, which is what many, (most?) trail guys change to that regear. Everything I posted above has been ran by many, with the exception of the P2, but that setup has still been used by several. I don't claim to have invented the setups, but I have ran them and was pretty happy with it. You can fiddle with all the above based on what you want, but this is a very good setup. I ride up in Vilas County every winter, so you probably know the conditions I encounter.

Thanks racerdace! I'm definitely interested in the weights and I appreciate your reply. I will probably order a 40t sprocket since I have a 70 pitch chain already that come out of my XCR 800.

I'm guessing the 48/44 helix would offer better backshifting and the 50/44 would work a little better in drag racing?

I'm curious on your opinion on a Dalton 66/44-42 .45 that Brock has talked about? Have you ever tried one of those or is that more race only?

I never ran that 66/44-42 helix, so can't comment on it. Look at my Indy 600 P2 thread on how to modify the P2 helix backer shim. This ensures the helix snap ring will fully seat. It may pop off otherwise in use. Note that I said may. There were reports of the snap ring popping off years ago. I never seen anyone say they found a reason, I am also not saying anyone didn't find a reason either.. In my opinion the way I opened up the ring solves the problem

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm getting the parts together to get my clutches setup on my 2016 Pro S 800 shorty. I'm setting up my P2 secondary and I want to order some springs for it. I just got my new helix from Dalton It's a 50/44 fp and the polaris spring #7043495 140/200 is still available but the 7943496 145-220 isn't available anymore. Does someone offer a comparable spring or have a new leftover or a good used one I that I could purchase from them? Are there any other springs you guys would recommend for me to have on hand for tuning purposes?

Hi guys. I'm getting the parts together to get my clutches setup on my 2016 Pro S 800 shorty. I'm setting up my P2 secondary and I want to order some springs for it. I just got my new helix from Dalton It's a 50/44 fp and the polaris spring #7043495 140/200 is still available but the 7943496 145-220 isn't available anymore. Does someone offer a comparable spring or have a new leftover or a good used one I that I could purchase from them? Are there any other springs you guys would recommend for me to have on hand for tuning purposes?
You have the right helix and I use the 140-200 spring and it works fine. Div20

What do you use for weights? I bought a set of Dalton QAP 3 weights from Dave and I'm not sure how to setup the weight on them since they're supposed to be a little more aggressive than the 10 series Polaris weights. I know people say you have to load the tip and the heal of the weights. I'm quessing I would take both set screws in till they bottom out when I figure out what screws to use?

What do you use for weights? I bought a set of Dalton QAP 3 weights from Dave and I'm not sure how to setup the weight on them since they're supposed to be a little more aggressive than the 10 series Polaris weights. I know people say you have to load the tip and the heal of the weights. I'm quessing I would take both set screws in till they bottom out when I figure out what screws to use?
I can't remember off hand but use the Dalton 110-290 spring and load the tip til it falls on its face then go one lighter screw. For the heel try a 1 inch screw.

Back
Top Bottom