• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

team vs p2

All else being equal, do the P2 angles closely follow the TSS-04 angles in use? By that I mean if say a tss04 50-44f helix works well on a AXYS800 should you stick with the same angles on a P2? Just going by the the tied users they really upped the angles being used.

The P2 can be compared to the tss-04 angles yes .

A 44 on a tss-04 is a 44 on a P2

What is the difference between a tabbed spring and a non - tabbed spring ? I am looking to get my secondary set up and I don't remember what I had in it when I changed the spring last year. 2016 Pro-S 800

What is the difference between a tabbed spring and a non - tabbed spring ? I am looking to get my secondary set up and I don't remember what I had in it when I changed the spring last year. 2016 Pro-S 800
A tabbed spring has a tang on one end and fits into a hole on the clutch sheave. On a P2 it is claimed to cut down on vibrations. It is not used on the TSS-04 that is oem on your Pro S 800. Did you switch to a P2?

IMG_2603.JPG
Looking back with the help of internet

The 2009 600 had the P2 your talking about Rd

Thanks for the info. My clutch doesn't look like the one in Brock's last post. So I can confirm I have the TSS-04.

IMG_2608.JPG

Two different belt deflecting systems in the same year. I found this gem on Polaris browse searching

The one with the plate belt deflection is for a 550 from 2009 part # 13222412

Other is the normal belt deflection on most other models . Part# 1322827

P2 was designed for a 600, is that correct? and smaller cc sleds?Wonder why it never made its way into the 800cc platform? any one know?

Well I can't answer what it was truly designed for but Polaris had it on a 140+ HP and 650# machine and it worked well, could've used more sec. spring when modding, that was one of my problems, other than that I didn't see a weak spot other than talking to the dealers and having the bushing wear out which was/is an issue I guess.

Polaris engineers developed the P2 to have their own and was Dyno tested on 165 + hp sleds and snow cross .

Here's what they found

The P2 lives on an engine test dyno approximately 3 times that of the Team TSS-04. The Team TSS-04 will complete 9 power-on jumps off a 3 foot loading ramp on wet dirt with 192 studded track before it either shatters the roller or spins the threaded in shaft.
The P2, with it's cast-in shaft, will complete between 28 and 45 of the same jump and will crack the stationary sheave at the shaft interface or break a tooth off the helix. The suspension rails will be replaced three times before completing this test with the P2. The suspension rails are the fuse in a sled with the P2.

The P2 was introduced in snow cross, 600 cc and the turbo. Added to the 800's in the dragon years in all models. Also in some 800's in the pro ride and Indy models till 2014

Other advantages of the P2 having better top speed and back shift characteristics then the team tss-04:

1) It runs less spring force because its engagement and shift out heights are bigger than the team. The high shift out force of the Team restricts high ratio
2) Its bearing span is wider and therefore it can run looser fitting bearings while maintaining the same or better sheave alignment
3) Three rollers keep the moveable sheave more correctly aligned with the stationary during up-shift and down-shift.
4) The helix stands alone in the clutch. It does not attach to a sheave. This separates the torque transfer function from the torque feedback function. Belt pull (800-1000 lbs force) does not side load the helix.
5) The spring stays centered in the clutch and the sides of the spring do the rub anything in the clutch like in the team. The Team TSS-04 implemented this change on the 2011 models to improve backshift. They did it by chamfering the spider spring cup and added the same chamfer as the P2 to the steel spring cup.
6) The P2 come stock with a delrin cup in the helix to reduce friction
7) The three rollers maintain sheave spacing all around the clutch in the neutral position. Look at how much wider the sheave spacing is on the Team clutch near the tension adjuster screw. This affects your starting ratio.
The P2 lives on an engine test dyno approximately 3 times that of the Team TSS-04.
The high shift out force of the Team restricts high ratio
The three roller design cuts roller/helix ramp loading by 33%. Mounting the rollers in the moveable sheave, also saves money versus a separate roller carrier piece. This should also help provide stability, and reduce wear on the replaceable bushings that support the moveable sheave.

50-44fp and 46-42fp Dalton P2's on the way for the 800 and 600 Letitsnow

I have 50 /44 fp and just got 50/42fp
I also have a friend that use to cut the old polaris button helixs going to see if he can cut the stock helix that came with my use p2

FWIW. The Dalton Lady on the phone told me yesterday: If you ask for a custom cut helix, if someone has allready aked for that angle and paid for the custom setup charges, you will not be charged the extra setup fee's. She said there are many allready programmed that are not on the website list.

Good angles with P2 guys

I got 3 custom cuts now. So it's not custom now RD?
No biggy as it was only $25.00 more but someone can get it cheaper now? Lol :eek:

Doubt anyone will want what I got as it's steep for racing only :rolleyes:

Brock, yes. If it has been cut there is no xtra charge. The phone lady doesn't know what has been custom cut though. She says if you ask for one that is not on the website but has been cut, you won't be charged on your bill/invoice. I was emailed my invoice today, and wasn't charged extra for the 50-44fp

So by that. I must have a new angle at least 3 times in the past few years as I paid for custom

So by that. I must have a new angle at least 3 times in the past few years as I paid for custom
No answer to that, other than I am just passing on what was told to me, and that I didn't pay extra for a 50-44FP which isn't listed on the website.

Back
Top Bottom