• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

So now that I see there is a spring rate difference too. Can someone explain how these two springs act differently when compared to each other? The spring rate is the same but the lbs of load are different. 100-200 and the 140-240.

This can be expanded upon with both pro's and cons, but the first spring could let the sled shift out faster and give more topend, the second could let the sled backshift sooner and feel more respnsive IMO.

So now that I see there is a spring rate difference too. Can someone explain how these two springs act differently when compared to each other? The spring rate is the same but the lbs of load are different. 100-200 and the 140-240.
Both same rate yes. Start at different spring pressure as you can see.

Force lbs. @ 2.20”--1.10 of polaris team springs. To figure out the rate of a spring??
Eg. 140/200 200 - 140 = 60
Force lbs. 2.20 - 1.10 = 1.10

take the 60 from spring rate and divide by 1.10,which equals 54, 54 is the rate of the secondary spring above
The 140/200 has a spring rate of 54 and some may be similar but the 140 has a higher starting force.

Your 100/200

/1.10
90 spring rate

It's just the 100/200 has a lower spring force at the start then the 140/240
:)

I managed to scour through all my polaris friend's tool boxes and came up with some clutch parts that I think I can use. I paid enough for the sled, and the accessories that I am trying to save a few bucks and use readily available clutch parts they had...and are free! lol any input as to what I should pick would be greatly appreciated. My sled will be geared to 1.74 The clutch parts I have are:

Primary springs:
Red (140-320)
White (120-310) <-----what i am thinking of using

Secondary Springs:
Black/red (155-222) <-----what i am thinking of using
Black/white (160-260)

Helix's
stock
unknown angle....marked 800a came in last years O.T.P (gabes) clutch kit for the axys

Weights:
Dalton Quick Adjust Weights, QAP-3, 66-73.5g <----going to start with about 70g..and tune from there.

Last edited:
I managed to scour through all my polaris friend's tool boxes and came up with some clutch parts that I think I can use. I paid enough for the sled, and the accessories that I am trying to save a few bucks and use readily available clutch parts they had...and are free! lol any input as to what I should pick would be greatly appreciated. My sled will be geared to 1.74 The clutch parts I have are:

Primary springs:
Red (140-320)
White (120-310)

Secondary Springs:
Black/red (155-222)
Black/white (160-260)

Helix's
stock
unknown angle....marked 800a came in last years O.T.P (gabes) clutch kit for the axys
Are you using studs?

yes...i should have given more details on sled
pro s 800 switchback
1.352 cobra track
144 studs...double/single combination.
I don't run studs so I can't really help you there. However Brock has a pretty good set up for studs. Ask him or shoot him a pm.

Brock, do you know if the gearing in the sb pro s and pro x is the same if they both have 1.352 cobras I know last year the x was different with the 1.75 back country

I'm curios too.I get my new sb pro x next week with a ripsaw2 and wonder if they all come with the same gearing or if there only geared lower with the backcountry track.

As far as I know for now. The pro s is 1.61 and the pro x is 1.86

2016 online parts fich shows 22-37 0n Pro S cobra and both gear sets for the X but not per track.

I am only guessing, but I would bet they input the top and bottom actual gear teeth number, not a ratio.

Back
Top Bottom