• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

yes they input top and bottom , if gearing 23/40 have the tech put in 22/41 and the speedo will be close too dead nuts

yes they input top and bottom , if gearing 23/40 have the tech put in 22/41 and the speedo will be close too dead nuts
That is a 7% lower ratio. Is that what you found your speedo to be off by, or what you have heard most to be off by? Does sound like a good way to get a more accurate speed0, if it can be counted on?

Last edited:
500 foot grass drags , sled is 800 s axes , geared 195 , 10 series 72 gr , stock secod spring , 70 - 42 -46 , 8050 rps , 79 mph what am i missing ? 2116 . Thanks in advance .

500 foot grass drags , sled is 800 s axes , geared 195 , 10 series 72 gr , stock secod spring , 70 - 42 -46 , 8050 rps , 79 mph what am i missing ? 2116 . Thanks in advance .
In grass I wouldn't use a 1.95 ratio.

2.10- 2.21 ratios will still get u 80+ mph and quicker et.
Start from there.

Tried 2.15 gear ratio slowed down to 75 mph. I tried did not change secondary spring , tried every combination i knew but no luck. What am i missing with gearing that low ? Sorry guys im still learning.

ROB, WHAT PRIMARY SPRING ARE YOU USING? YOUR DOWN ON RPM AT THE END OF THE TRACK IF 8050 IS WHERE ITS RUNNING. HOW FAR ARE YOU MOVING THE BELT IN THE PRIMARY?(TOWARD THE TOP I MEAN).WHAT IS THE RPM RIGHT OFF THE LINE? DOES IT BUILD TOWARD THE END OFF THE TRACK? STAY THE SAME , DROP THEN RECOVER? OR INCREASE..MY GUESS IS THE E.T. DROPPED RIGHT?

no timers but no track spin lost 4 mph, feels slower. I used 160 - 310 all the way up to a 340 final.The primary is shifting out completely. 7900 off the line climbs to 8050, maybe these are better 8300 but from what my assault does its better 8050 in the grass ?Ive got 13 miles on the grass testing cant seem to go faster, i know its not broke in but thought i could get more . It still beating my buddys 2014 etec :].

OK IF YOUR POST IS CORRECT AND UR PLAYING WITH A 2016 SLED, THEN UR BATTLING A FEW THINGS THAT WILL KILL UR TOP END... THE MOTOR IS TIGHT ITS NOT GOING TO REV MUCH OVER 8050 TILL IT LOOSENS UP. SECOND UR OVER FUELING ON TOP ALSO CAUSING LOWER RPM.. AND LAST THERE IS A BIT OF TIMING ONCE THE BRAKE IN MODE IS BURNT OUT..YOUR SLED JUST NEEDS SOME TIME ON IT, IT WILL GET STRONGER AS IT LOOSENS UP AND THE RPMS WILL COME UP. THEN YOU WILL REALLY SMOKE THAT DOO...AS FAR AS YOUR GEAR CHOICE ITS TOUGH TO SAY WITHOUT A TIMING SYSTEM,FOR NOW GEAR IT UP TILL IT HURTS YOUR SIXTY..JUST MY 2 CENTS

As doc said.
Motor takes 3.5 hours to break in ecu for fuel. 18 hours on oil.
Your rev's will be down until then.

8050 rpm is fine for now if it's still in break in mode, don't worry.
You cannot go wrong with ratios from 2.05 to 2.21. Trust me.

I trust you guys & i appreciate your help i knew it will get faster . i did well ln pro money got 2nd 800 imp,its Rich Dailey put cat boys on the trailer & 2 etecs, got beat by 2 lengths finall by a very fast srx lmprover,so not a bad day.

I trust you guys & i appreciate your help i knew it will get faster . i did well ln pro money got 2nd 800 imp,its Rich Dailey put cat boys on the trailer & 2 etecs, got beat by 2 lengths finall by a very fast srx lmprover,so not a bad day.
What year and model do you have??

I didn't see a classified section....but I had ordered parts for my axys...and have now cancelled sled. I have a OTD clutch kit...including helix, spring and a few extra springs available. $150US and dalton QAP3 weights $100 US

I didn't see a classified section....but I had ordered parts for my axys...and have now cancelled sled. I have a OTD clutch kit...including helix, spring and a few extra springs available. $150US and dalton QAP3 weights $100 US

I'll take the qap3 weights.
Pm me

That's why I said "lightest springs possible"

I'll let the cat outta the bag a little,lol
A 54/44 or 50/44 full progressive helix works awesome for trail and backshift .:confused:
Where can I get these helix's?

Back
Top Bottom