• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

POPO, VENOM PRODUCTS HAS THEM I JUST ORDERED A 50-44 FULL FOR A FRIEND OF MINE THAT WANTS MY CLUTCH KIT I RAN LAST YR. 80 BUCKS I PAID FOR IT.

You must get a big discount. I just looked there and helixs were $99

That's why I said "lightest springs possible"

I'll let the cat outta the bag a little,lol
A 54/44 or 50/44 full progressive helix works awesome for trail and backshift .:confused:
It would be nice if that combo was together on a dual trac helix.

POPO, VENOM PRODUCTS HAS THEM I JUST ORDERED A 50-44 FULL FOR A FRIEND OF MINE THAT WANTS MY CLUTCH KIT I RAN LAST YR. 80 BUCKS I PAID FOR IT.
Ok Thx, new here and trying to take it all in. I have a 15 rush s. I want to do what you guys are talking about here. Ordered the 40t & 70p & gates belt. I see a lot of different stuff on springs and helix. I see clutching is a must after going 1.74, we ride in maine, a lot of pretty fast stuff and good corner to corner riding. Fast and good fun. Where is a good place to start?? Im seeing 120/310, 70g, 140/200, will this get me on snow and fine tune from there??

OK THE 50-44 FULL WILL WORK GREAT FOR FAST TRAIL,I HAVE USED THAT IN MAINE LAST YR MYSELF WITH A 1.67 RATIO. AND THE 140-200 TEAM SPRING WILL ALSO WORK GREAT. HOWEVER YOU WILL WANT TO LOAD THE PIN AREA OF THE PRIMARY WEIGHT .THIS IS NECESSARY TO LOAD THE MOTOR ON THE BOTTOM DUE TO THE SHALLOWER START OF THAT HELIX.I USED MY STOCK WEIGHT AND WELDED A 1 GRAM WASHER TO THE SIDE.THIS PUT ALMOST 2 GRAMS IN THE BASE AREA ,THEN ANOTHER WASHER UNDER THE TIP,FOR A TOTAL OF 70.3 WITH SPOT WELDS. 120-310 SPRING IS ABOUT 4000-4200 ENGAGEMENT. THE OTHER HELIX I USED WAS A48-44 FULL, THIS TO WORKS VERY WELL AND WITH THE STOCK SEC. SPRING. THIS IS ALL WITH THE STOCK BELT, IM HEARING THE GATES BELT REQUIRES A BIT MORE WEIGHT.HOPE THIS HELPS..

OK THE 50-44 FULL WILL WORK GREAT FOR FAST TRAIL,I HAVE USED THAT IN MAINE LAST YR MYSELF WITH A 1.67 RATIO. AND THE 140-200 TEAM SPRING WILL ALSO WORK GREAT. HOWEVER YOU WILL WANT TO LOAD THE PIN AREA OF THE PRIMARY WEIGHT .THIS IS NECESSARY TO LOAD THE MOTOR ON THE BOTTOM DUE TO THE SHALLOWER START OF THAT HELIX.I USED MY STOCK WEIGHT AND WELDED A 1 GRAM WASHER TO THE SIDE.THIS PUT ALMOST 2 GRAMS IN THE BASE AREA ,THEN ANOTHER WASHER UNDER THE TIP,FOR A TOTAL OF 70.3 WITH SPOT WELDS. 120-310 SPRING IS ABOUT 4000-4200 ENGAGEMENT. THE OTHER HELIX I USED WAS A48-44 FULL, THIS TO WORKS VERY WELL AND WITH THE STOCK SEC. SPRING. THIS IS ALL WITH THE STOCK BELT, IM HEARING THE GATES BELT REQUIRES A BIT MORE WEIGHT.HOPE THIS HELPS..
so if you would use a 54/44 full progressive you wouldn't have too load the weight so hard by the pin ?

That's possible , i like to use my primary as much as I can. The way this motor is ported it seams to like to rev up quick, big reason is the crank too. I dident have much luck throwing big angles at it off the start.i also wasent engaging the primary to high. That would of helped. But riding on the trail I don't like it to high

That's possible , i like to use my primary as much as I can. The way this motor is ported it seams to like to rev up quick, big reason is the crank too. I dident have much luck throwing big angles at it off the start.i also wasent engaging the primary to high. That would of helped. But riding on the trail I don't like it to high
Where u in Maine? I need help learning this stuff. Kinda show me and now i get it. Lol
Never followed directions in school! Haha

Makes cents

Any pointers on changing out the gear and chain?? It looks tight on the foothold.

Any pointers on changing out the gear and chain?? It looks tight on the foothold.
don't forget to remove two screws holding the body work up from the bottom they are small torx if I remember correctly. Then pull body work down and out as you pull cover off swing bottom forward and it pops right off. Easy. No problem. But be advised make sure you have the Allen seated all the way down in th case fill plug mine had some slag in it an was ungodly tight. I had a real hard time getting it out you may or may not have this problem as my buddies came right out no problem. All in all it's not a hard job at all.

This was provided on "another site" by Maladjusted.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom