• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

Have you tested this on a timer system for 660' or even 1000' from a dead stop?
I can see how for a top end run sure it will pull more mph.

Very good. I only tested my INDY the day before our local drag races last year with a combo I know worked and it kicked ass. 1.74 ratio.
I plan on testing LOTS more this year. Picked up a bag of goodies this Morning to add to the collection!
image.jpg

Very good. I only tested my INDY the day before our local drag races last year with a combo I know worked and it kicked ass. 1.74 ratio.
I plan on testing LOTS more this year. Picked up a bag of goodies this Morning to add to the collection! View attachment 764
Nice! Happy hunting! I sent my engine to be ported and matched with wosner pistons rkt cheater heads bikeman pipe and a 30 shot of nitrous. Hope she holds together lol.

So this set up works for some but not for others?? I see a few guys gain quite a bit. I have almost everything on hand to gear to 1.74 a 50/44 helix and the other stuff that is talked about in this forum. Also we ride on groomed (usually hardpack) trails in maine. Is this change worth doing?? I don't mind doing it and if there's a problem I can go back. doc, outcast, brock, bigfuse, you guys all run this setup with good gains??

So this set up works for some but not for others?? I see a few guys gain quite a bit. I have almost everything on hand to gear to 1.74 a 50/44 helix and the other stuff that is talked about in this forum. Also we ride on groomed (usually hardpack) trails in maine. Is this change worth doing?? I don't mind doing it and if there's a problem I can go back. doc, outcast, brock, bigfuse, you guys all run this setup with good gains??
All I can say is try it ! All sleds are different
All I can say is try it! Each sled is a little different we run on the east coast at 1500 ft and under. It's important to have a test sled or two to run against that don't change anything I used 3! Gear first and clutch to that. I also ran a Rev 2 kit last year it made 19 horse power at dyno tech but I lost performance! Stock was better.

All I can say is try it ! All sleds are different

All I can say is try it! Each sled is a little different we run on the east coast at 1500 ft and under. It's important to have a test sled or two to run against that don't change anything I used 3! Gear first and clutch to that. I also ran a Rev 2 kit last year it made 19 horse power at dyno tech but I lost performance! Stock was better.
Its funny you say that as I got off the phone with my buddy and he says he isn't doing the gear change so we can compare.
He is however doing a slp can (because they recommend it) and a 120/310 prim and a sec spring (not sure which one). He's a bit gun shy with doing everything. When You geared did you change helix? I'm going with 50/44 full.

Its funny you say that as I got off the phone with my buddy and he says he isn't doing the gear change so we can compare.
He is however doing a slp can (because they recommend it) and a 120/310 prim and a sec spring (not sure which one). He's a bit gun shy with doing everything. When You geared did you change helix? I'm going with 50/44 full.
I have tried different helix and springs in both the rapid reaction and the team tied neither gained acceleration or top speed but the tied back shifted better. Stock is really good. Oh and just a can will usually make you loose on the top end!

I have tried different helix and springs in both the rapid reaction and the team tied neither gained acceleration or top speed but the tied back shifted better. Stock is really good. Oh and just a can will usually make you loose on the top end!
That's some big gains with a Rev 2 kit

my 13 is the sled that was at DTR last year with the rev 2. this is a conversation that needs to be in a different thread and a different time.

Back
Top Bottom