• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

Torque: Clutch cover 100 inch pd's 11 nm, helix torx screws 8.3 to 10 ft pd's loctite 243 or 242 with primer, gear 29 ft pd's, brake rotor 40 ft pd's, caliper bolts 40 ft pd's loctite 242. I keep the bolts on hand that use a nyloc patch same for nyloc nuts. They should be replaced each time removed, at the very least after the second use in my opinion.
RD how about the chain case cover bolts?

I found this one on ebay. Team won't have/make either till January from e mails with them. I will order a 50-44f then. Could not find any at Goodwins,HPE, or Wahl. I will give this one a try on the 800 and then the 600.

I found this one on ebay. Team won't have/make either till January from e mails with them. I will order a 50-44f then. Could not find any at Goodwins,HPE, or Wahl. I will give this one a try on the 800 and then the 600.
Venom should have one.

I called them . That is who ,I meant by Team. None till Jan like I said

Rd and popo ,u guys will both like those full progressive helixs as doc said. It will back shift really well in the trails vs the compound helix. And give u great up shift. I think you'll be happy.

Rd and popo ,u guys will both like those full progressive helixs as doc said. It will back shift really well in the trails vs the compound helix. And give u great up shift. I think you'll be happy.
Thanks for all the tips, cant wait to run with my buddy who thinks changing springs will do the same as the gear change. Winter is a little slow to start over here in new England but im ready. Only thing I need to figure out is the cutler weights and belt clearance.

"Either a 48-44 full with a 120/200 spring( stock ) or a 50-44 full with a 140/200 spring. Make sure you load the daltons at the pin area( heavy heal) then adjust your tip weight as needed"

Are you talking secondary springs or primary springs?

He's doing both, 120/310 and im not sure on the other. I have a 155/ 222 if he wants to try that.

All done, gear to 1.74 120/310 with cutler adjustables, 50/44 120/200 on secondary. Just add snow

Finally got to ride today and tried out my P2 with a 130-180 spring with a Dalton 66/44-42 .45 helix. Works really well. I'm impressed. Div20

Think you want a 140-200 with a 50 start
Your right flash, it was a typo. Hey my buddy wants to keep stock gearing (for now) but wants better springs in his clutches. We put a 120/310 in and I have a 155/ 222 for the secondary. Will that work or do I need a different one for the secondary??

You can clutch a 1.61 ratio all you want. There's to many things fighting it in my opinion.
The light weights you have to use.
A 27 degree straight primary that up shifts to quick.
Shallow secondary helix that must be used.
Heavy primary and secondary springs for up shift and back shift to compensate
The polaris belt that's inconsistent compound that polaris knows about.

Back
Top Bottom