• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

The reason I said both springs is because the 220 secondary spring on top would only help you in back shift. Something trail rider's want.
Do just the 120/300 primary spring and try Div20

OK thanks guys. Ill change the primary spring. And I just rechecked the helix and it is in the 50-44 position. HAHA you made me second guess myself.

Just need a little help with what helix to use with 1.68 gear, looks like a 50-44f or a 48-44f are the ones to use. What would be the best for fast trail riding?

2016 pro s 800 shorty
Cobra track w/126 studs

And yes doc I'm must be still in break in mode. I have 97 miles
I'm sorry but which clutching combo were you talking about? There were a few posted and I don't know which one you are talking about. Thanks.

Bigfuse, I was talking about the 50-44f helix with 140-200 for the secondary and 68 gram weights with stock spring for the primary. I was down on rpm with this setup so I'm putting a 120-310 spring in the primary as soon as I get one. As of right now I have 160 miles and I'm noticing that the belt is not going all the way to the top of the primary. So with that said I think I'm still in break in mode or the finally stages of it. I also geared it 1.74.

Also, Has anyone lined up the 1.74 gear with the clutch setup mentioned against an all stock 1.61 ratio. Videos to go with this? Just would be interesting to see

Just need a little help with what helix to use with 1.68 gear, looks like a 50-44f or a 48-44f are the ones to use. What would be the best for fast trail riding?

2016 pro s 800 shorty
Cobra track w/126 studs
Try the 48/44 f , you can't go wrong. It's a great helix for fast trail, racing and back shift.

Try the 48/44 f , you can't go wrong. It's a great helix for fast trail, racing and back shift.
Hey Brock, sorry to be off topic here but didn't know how to get your attention. My buddies 15 pros was running this morning to load and go, and it died. We changed plugs and checked for spark, which tested good. Checked throttle cable tension. Any thoughts? Of coarse we where headed for maine.

I'm new to this form. Looks like allot of good info. I have a 2015 pro s 800 switchback. Done allot of red neck tuning on my F7-8-nitrous Firecat and boosted turbo cat. They are
both history now.
I always had better et and mph using soft springs and gearing down. The testing was done using timers on hard pack snow.
I found .09 second equil one length.
For the guys using timers making gear comparisons could you be more specific in et and mph and distance.

Yes, stock spring with 48-44 works great, you will like it.if you want to get creative try a p2 sec. Spring with that helix, 135/180. I haven't tried this yet, tab will have to get ground off. Think it will help sec. Open up for more top speed.

Hey Brock, sorry to be off topic here but didn't know how to get your attention. My buddies 15 pros was running this morning to load and go, and it died. We changed plugs and checked for spark, which tested good. Checked throttle cable tension. Any thoughts? Of coarse we where headed for maine.
pm me

I'm new to this form. Looks like allot of good info. I have a 2015 pro s 800 switchback. Done allot of red neck tuning on my F7-8-nitrous Firecat and boosted turbo cat. They are
both history now.
I always had better et and mph using soft springs and gearing down. The testing was done using timers on hard pack snow.
I found .09 second equil one length.
For the guys using timers making gear comparisons could you be more specific in et and mph and distance.
welcome to the site,it's new, but tryin to keep informative and no bs
I use a timing system to test all my stuff as this is the only way to see if you went forward or backwards truthfully and accurately without guessing.

I use the same system as you,lots of weight,softest springs possible and gear down.I appy for 10% overdrive in my calculations. ET time is always better drag racing using this method. As long as your 60' time is consistent for what ever changes you make,it's accurate

welcome to the site,it's new, but tryin to keep informative and no bs
I use a timing system to test all my stuff as this is the only way to see if you went forward or backwards truthfully and accurately without guessing.

I use the same system as you,lots of weight,softest springs possible and gear down.I appy for 10% overdrive in my calculations. ET time is always better drag racing using this method. As long as your 60' time is consistent for what ever changes you make,it's accurate
Do you like 23/40 gears?

As for making trip to Maine, id wait if u driving from CT! Lots of open water mud holes! Rocks,etc wait for more snow and colder temps.

Back
Top Bottom