• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Proper clutch alignment

He can't run or hide ha ha guess now I got to buy another pro s

Well you have had a lot of Polaris sleds...may as well get one and join us on this site with some of your knowledge.

Hey guys anyone know where I can purchase the Gates belt? It seems like I can't find it in stock anywhere on the web?

Hey guys anyone know where I can purchase the Gates belt? It seems like I can't find it in stock anywhere on the web?
They were on backorder for quite awhile but are slowly starting to be produced again.

10 series are Polaris weights, and no. Not adjustable

Brock, when I go to lay the alignment tool in the primary and get it ready to measure the gap between the tool and the front of the secondary, do I want to hold it up against the primary inside (crank side) or primary outside (panel side) sheave? I noticed there's some play in between the sheaves, which I assume is caused by the shimming of the spider and the type of belt a person is running.

Brock, when I go to lay the alignment tool in the primary and get it ready to measure the gap between the tool and the front of the secondary, do I want to hold it up against the primary inside (crank side) or primary outside (panel side) sheave? I noticed there's some play in between the sheaves, which I assume is caused by the shimming of the spider and the type of belt a person is running.
Inside' should wedge itself between both sheeves. Just checked it out with belt off.
Sorry on first post.

Last edited:
Why does Polaris say minimum shim behind secondary is .120? I have removed all shims from behind the secondary and opened the secondary fully with the tool and pushed it in towards the bulkhead and nothing rubs. So couldn't you put like a .060 behind the secondary just to be safe and then however many shims required on the front bolt to have like a .200 float? From my understanding there's no such thing as too much float.

You are correct in float for sure. Never enough on a Polaris. The belt will find it's happy spot.

I wouldn't put any less then 0.080" behind secondary for shims though as it does come close to cross member.

With the Axys alignment bar i have 7thousands front & 26thousands rear.
Where do i wanna be here

Back
Top Bottom