• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Proper clutch alignment

Polaris manual says with alignment bar set in primary correctly.
It should be no more then 0.025" at front of secondary, and the rear cannot exceed 0.060" from the front.

I do more then 0.025"

Polaris manual says with alignment bar set in primary correctly.
It should be no more then 0.025" at front of secondary, and the rear cannot exceed 0.060" from the front.

I do more then 0.025"
25 at front? What does that make at rear

Depends on alignment tool u have?
51607 is different from the 47477 tool.

Attachments

• IMAG0925.jpg
    IMAG0925.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 700
  • IMAG0924.jpg
    IMAG0924.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 702
I believe (correct me if I am wrong) if you have the AXYS tool 51607, perfect alignment will have your bar touching both front and rear edges of the driven sheave (.000). But you are allowed up to .025" at the front and up to .060" at the rear and still be considered in spec. So if yours had .007" front and .026" at the rear you are well within specifications using the 51607 tool.
This is how I interpret the pages of the manual that were posted above anyway.

Last edited:
I believe (correct me if I am wrong) if you have the AXYS tool 51607, perfect alignment will have your bar touching both front and rear edges of the driven sheave (.000). But you are allowed up to .025" at the front and up to .060" at the rear and still be considered in spec. So if yours had .007" front and .026" at the rear you are well within specifications using the 51607 tool.
This is how I interpret the pages of the manual that were posted above anyway.
You are correct.
I know the polaris manual says 0 to 0.025" from 51607 tool to front of secondary for gap.But. I like give it more inward float too. As long as you have no less then 0.100" of washers behind secondary, your fine.
I have 0.050" between 51607 tool and front of secondary. Or 0.100" with 47477 tool.

The inward float helps for when the motor is under load. The motor tends to twist a little as it should .
Polaris has this in mind when they make the alignment tools.

Anyone have a link to where you can buy this tool? Everything I come up with does not appear to be the 51607 tool?

I am working on the equivalent 51607 today. A couple more small tweaks and we will start running them. The pricing will be significantly less than the factory tool and easier to get.

Axis%2001-1020_zpsklnaxqdw.jpg

I would be interested in this. Please keep us updated here.

A very good friend of mine who used to work at Polaris in Roseau told me that as long as your secondary doesn't touch the over structure and you have a lot of float belt alignment will be fine. Matter of fact you don't even need a bolt to hold the secondary on as when the belt is going thru its shift it will self align. I had around .080 behind the secondary and almost 3/16-1/4 of an inch of float and my belts are mint. Div20

Ed, I totally agree with you on a lot of float.
Which begs the question, why does Poo still deliver sleds with so little float?
My last three sleds came with 20-40 thousandths of float.
I like at least .080"-0.120" myself.

Ed, I totally agree with you on a lot of float.
Which begs the question, why does Poo still deliver sleds with so little float?
My last three sleds came with 20-40 thousandths of float.
I like at least .080"-0.120" myself.
I've often wondered that myself. My 15 came with hardly any float also.

I am working on the equivalent 51607 today. A couple more small tweaks and we will start running them. The pricing will be significantly less than the factory tool and easier to get.

Axis%2001-1020_zpsklnaxqdw.jpg
Looks good.
Glad we have guys like youDiv20

To make clear, using the 51607 tool, with the front of the secondary touching the tool, I want .05" in and .05" out of float from that point, for a total of .1" of float.

Back
Top Bottom